Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger today... but the barrel was empty :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Warpig
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to admit i've found myself peeking into 993's while looking at dealers for 964's and I love the interior upgrades & the 6 speed. All of the 993's I peeked at were at least 27K as well, otherwise... maybe...

I'm not looking for a project car but if someone had a clean title 964 roller that meets the interior/exterior specs I described in my post above and had no/blown engine and the price was right <11K) I might consider that as well. I could use the balance of my budget to put in a nice engine. Should be able to do something decent with that extra cash.

Nick
Old 05-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Warpig
Pro

Originally Posted by lmazzoli
Warpig,

If you are looking for a Targa, you may wish to review this item on e-bay. Item #160331802888. I usually would not recommend something like this off of e-bay, but this was my car.

The car was stolen from my garage on 1/2/08, and after a joyride, the car sat for 14 months undetected, was recovered, and eventually sold at an auction earlier this month. The joy ride put on 4 miles! I noticed that it was on e-bay last night. I can tell you that the guy purchased it for $10k from the auction, but I do not know where his reserve is set.

I have detailed records I can e-mail if you wish to review. I didn't purchase the car at auction, because I had already used my settlement $ to buy a replacement. If you want record history, drop me a PM. You can also check out the entire saga on the General Discussion board under the STOLEN 964 in ATLANTA.

If this is not what you are lookign for, good luck on your search. I am sure you will find what you want, it just takes time.
I like it... Except for the racing bits... But putting a nice set of normal seats in it should be pretty easy... The carfax shows the salvage title, total loss and the sale at auction. Considering the Title status and having more info about the car than anyone else it might be worth the long distance gamble. I have actually read your other thread, now I will go back and look for it again to give it another read. I may PM you for more info.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
These cars tend to find homes for themselves, not the other way around.
Too true. I was convinced on first sight that my car was the one for me. It had all the right mods, price and mileage. But, when I pulled the trigger it was gone. After moving on and broadening my search I returned to double check on my "dream" car and found that the deal had fallen through, but that, once again, it was gone! I then struggled through a bad deal which I managed to cancel and less then a week after getting clear of that nightmare I got the call that the car was once again available! After two failed buyers, one from a serious accident and another from financial problems, I ended up with the car.

You just never know.

All the best and I hope you find your car soon.

Cheers
Old 05-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

Sounds from your post that you have thought about what you want which is good. Theres more chance of you being happy with it when you get it then.
I was just the same, I looked at 15 different cars and travelled all over the country looking at complete pig 964's until I found mine from a Porsche dealer who wanted £4k more than everyone else. Nearly 10 years on and I still absolutely love it.
Be patient, make sure you get a good one in the beginning. You'll pretty much have to replace most everything that everyone else replaces if you have it for long enough so its just a starting point anyway.
Keep us posted

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger today... but the barrel was empty :(