Sponsored by:

RS carpet jig-saw

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Mark J
Trial Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS carpet jig-saw

Can any of you wisened guys help me out with this little jig-saw ? I recently picked up a set of RS carpets (or so it was thought) but i am guessing there are some parts missing and i also need help identifying the parts i have got. So if anyone can point out pieces that would be most useful.

Heres the pics:-

A few of the pieces appear to have cut marks to their edges so i am not even convinced if any of it will be that useful to me.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:23 AM
mpeters951
Racer

I started at the doors with pieces that go for/aft at the rocker panel areas and down to the outboard seat slider areas. I then used the bigger, more identifiable pieces to reduce the number of pieces that were a bloody mystery.

I'd gotten a number of instructional pix here from others; you may want to search for them. And, I assume you've got the AppBiz kit, as I do.

Great care is needed with the console cuts as I cocked that up first and had to get a spare for that piece that I wound up cutting down the middle IIRC. Remember that you're going to need some backing material(s) in the areas where hard parts mount over the RS carpets, if you are removing the OE rubberized foam material. If that is the case, auto upholstery shops can sell you this.

Once you get a feel for the big pieces in back, the pieces closest to the doors, and the center console pieces, the others start to make a bit of sense. But, that said, I completed this death march last year and it came out perfectly, I STILL had stuff left over that I've no clue on for where it designed to fit. The real time consuming part was console area, rear sides being mated to existing vinyl covered trim near the rear side windows, and then learning how to get the RS carpet cut over the little bitchy pieces for console forward area, and footwell side areas.

Other than that, piece 'o cake mate. As some other RL'er has posted on this job, there comes the moment when you stand back from car, scratch your head, look at new carpet bits with consternation/confusion and mutter to oneself "what the **** have I done".
Old 04-16-2009, 11:38 AM
964rh
Pro

pm sent Mark
Old 04-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by mpeters951
...Other than that, piece 'o cake mate. As some other RL'er has posted on this job, there comes the moment when you stand back from car, scratch your head, look at new carpet bits with consternation/confusion and mutter to oneself "what the **** have I done".

Just had to laugh at that... I know I will not be laughing when it is my turn to tackel this... for now the box with the carpet set sits nicely on a shelve in the garage... next to the carpet set for the RSR project... why do it once when I can get frustrated twice...

I hope this link helps:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...wannabe-3.html

Quick Reply: RS carpet jig-saw