Sponsored by:

Vertex Auto Ignition Wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:27 AM
pantera43
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertex Auto Ignition Wires

Gents, I'm looking to change out my ignition wires. Does anyone have experience buying ignition wires from Vertexauto.com ? They seem to have the best price and list them as OEM Beru. Any other vendors have a better price on OEM wires ?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 03-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by pantera43
Gents, I'm looking to change out my ignition wires. Does anyone have experience buying ignition wires from Vertexauto.com ? They seem to have the best price and list them as OEM Beru. Any other vendors have a better price on OEM wires ?

Thanks,
Dan
Dan, when I looked for mine they had the best price. Beru units, factory specs and with all the rubber grommets, etc. But check also with Pelican and Sunset Porsche.

I have installed them in my 964 and a fellow 993 owner.

Do check the price in their website, Excellence, or Pano. For some reason, when you call, they might give you a different price over the phone. Be ready to give them the price you saw on their site or magazine ad (if it is lower). Oh! and I got a flyer from them with free shipping and a soft lug nut socket. Unless you remind them, they will leave out all those details.... at least in my experience buying from them. But they are a great bunch of guys. I had the opportunity to meet them once in a trip to Miami when I still had my 951.

Also, here is a link to a thread when I changed mine - Changing Spark Plug Cables

Old 03-06-2009, 12:52 PM
pantera43
Pro

Jaime, thanks for the information. Pelican has them listed but there is close to $200 difference between the two vendors. I haven't checked Sunset yet. Vertex has the wires as Beru but sometimes what some vendors advertise and deliver are two seperate items. Good to know you received what they advertise.

Your link is great and a hugh help. I'm not looking forward to changing these.

Dan
Old 03-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Gecko911
6th Gear

Dan,

I purchased plug wires for my '89 C4 (along with several other parts) from Vertex last fall. I didn't do an exhaustive price search, but they had the best plug wire price out of the 3 or 4 "catalog" vendors that I looked at.

The parts came with all necessary grommets, clips, etc. So, as long as you have the patience to route the wires in the factory locations, you should have everything that you need.

Good luck,

Jeff
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Gecko911
6th Gear

Dan,

I forgot... You will probably want to order the little plastic clips (964-602-559-00-M100 I believe) that route the cables along the exhaust valve covers. Even if your old ones aren't broken, they will break when you go to replace the cables. They are only 50 cents each and I think there are 6 total, but check me on that. You can see them in some of the images in Jamie's 'Changing Spark Plug Cables' tutorial.

Jeff
Old 03-07-2009, 10:13 PM
pantera43
Pro

Thanks Jeff for reinforcing Vortex. I really wanted to make sure I was getting Beru wires. I had forgotten about those tiny clips.

Dan
Old 03-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Eric Kessel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Has anyone ordered wires from Beru Parts.com? (no relation, blah blah blah) The say they are the US distributor for Beru......

Quick Reply: Vertex Auto Ignition Wires