Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

UK meet for April??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,

You are too kind ... and you forget the stirling efforts that both you and Steve have put into previous meets that makes it all possible. I think my final count was 32 964s - not to mention Shaun's 993 and the Cayman S and 997 GT3 that popped in, only to stay much longer than they intended!!!

I think everyone enjoyed it ... and found it useful and entertaining.

Sorry to hear about the camera. I was pretty miffed about hitting a pigeon on the way up and cracking my front bumper!! More bodywork expense!!!

I've edited to Doodle list to only those who attended (see, my "register" came in handy!!) and there is a direct link to that from the 964uk.com Events 2009 page. I'll get some pictures up on the site ASAP and if anyone has pictures they would like on the site just e-mail them to me a 964@porscheclubgb.com.

Thanks again, everyone. Well done.

Dave
Old 04-19-2009, 01:52 PM
bobster964
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done Dave, you must be pleased at the turn out. And well done all of us for turning up.

It was great to see all the cars together and hear the very interesting talk from Chris, unfortunately we had to shoot early to catch our friend racing at Silverstone so didn't get to see what did what under the car! I think it's pretty obvious though, that it's money well spent to have a proper set up.

Good to put some faces to the names and can't wait for the next meet. Maybe a bit more south next time?

Thanks again Dave, and I hope the bumper gets better soon.

Bob.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:14 PM
LuckyP
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow what a great meet and such an informative talk by Chris. I'm glad he kept it at Granny level - I took it all in but just got a little lost on the kinetic toe.

Limped the car home at sub 70 for fear off throwing into the armco due to my 'macho' rear neg camber!!! (must be due to saggy rear springs, yes, that's it!!)

Thanks Dave, Chris and all those who were helping out with the tea and pastries, hmmmm!!

I think Chris may well be getting a call from me soon.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:53 PM
RSGulp
Racer

Just to say thanks to Dave for organising today, and also thanks to Chris for such an informative and entertaining insight into why our cars do what they do, and sometimes don't do what we want them to do.

I imagine Chris is now enjoying a nice cold beer after standing talking all day about his passion. For some reason I think find myself up that way again very soon!

Good to see some old and new faces - and some very nice cars there today as well.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:26 PM
mr pg
Racer

Wouldn't surprise me if Chris is still fettling Steve's car! He's a perfectionist, and hadn't even started the geo changes when I left at 4.30.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

I'll echo what everyone else has said....well done Dave for a fantastic turnout. A greater bunch of car enthusiasts I think it would be hard to find and Chris gets more entertaining each time I hear him give one of his presentations.

It's hard to do justice in pictures the turnout of 964s but here goes

Old 04-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Paz
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was a great day, many thanks to all who organised it.
Chris Franklin's tech-talk was brilliant, I've seen him setup quite a few cars now but I still learn something new each time I visit.
I spent a fair amount of time chatting to Gary Marsh about driving tuition and to Jayne about all manner of stuff too!

Couldn't keep my eyes off the white 964 with the TAG Heuer stickers, absolutely gorgeous car
Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 PM
madmoog
Racer

Just got in to a cold beer and a starving cat bit delayed due to M1 grinding to a halt at 19 and then taking the scenic route through Rugby and MK!!!!!

Lots of thanks: Chris for freely imparting so much info, Jayne and daughters for the hospitality, Dave for organising it, everyone turning up to make it such a sucess and my good fortune for being infront of the pc when Dave sent out the e-mail, so I could promptly put my toy forward to be a guinea pig

Pizza in oven, beer in hand, GP to watch - what a day
Old 04-19-2009, 04:33 PM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LuckyP
Yep, I'll be there. Can't see a rendevouz or a convoy anywhere, so I'll tootle up on my tod. A24, M25, M1, A5.

Be there for 10.30.

See ya.

PS - Just DIY'd the H&R Sway bars.
If i'd have known you had done the HR's I'd have had a chat with you!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

Thanks for Dav for the organisation - its no mean feat i know - but thanks to everyone that turned up too!!! Awesome to see so many 964s in one place...

It was nice having a look around everyone elses cars, some interesting stuff done to some of them...

Really good day!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:57 PM
RSGulp
Racer

Originally Posted by Paz
Couldn't keep my eyes off the white 964 with the TAG Heuer stickers, absolutely gorgeous car
Aww, shucks...
Old 04-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Low 964
Pro

Told the wife I was nipping out for a Porsche meet, back after lunch, a bit cloudy at home, so where did my sun burn come from?????

M40 open roof..........and 250 miles later

Now on beer and microwaved roast.........

Boxsey...the best car is not in the pics

Great day, Kev heard the camera impact

Good to meet new faces, we need name tags next time..........
Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Bluey964
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apologies for not making this one - but the good news from not going is mine is pretty much back on the road after todays efforts (belated a bit due to a hangover!). Now I just need it aligned on Wednesday (suspect nothing like as well as Centre Gravity would do it!). Looking forward to hopefully making the next one.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:37 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Low 964

Boxsey...the best car is not in the pics
oops sorry mate....I'm sure one else will have captured it. Your car was looking good though
Old 04-19-2009, 07:26 PM
raymond-turner
Instructor

Guys, sounds like I missed a fabulous day, the call of work, setting up a new business, kept me away. The next one, without fail!! Cheers

Quick Reply: UK meet for April??