Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help - Fitting Tail to '92 C2 - hit a snag!!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:27 PM
DLCrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elbeee964
I'm still laughing a couple hours later!:jumper
Old 02-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Jonnygo1
Pro

Here are a couple of camera phone pics of the brackets I made.
Materials:

4 1.5" hex head screws
4 lock washers
4 nylon spacers
1.5"x1.5" aluminum angle stock

I simply cut two pieces of angle bracket and shaped it to match the existing hinge. I drilled mounting holes into the existing hinges and used the spacers so tightening would not crush them. Be careful not to make the holes too high so you have room to tighten the nuts. As you can see, not too pretty but effective. I fitted the wing with only the top hole drilled, the top hole is the same distance from the top of the decklid as stock. All in all about 2 hrs to fabricate and get things fitting properly. Now I just have to drill the bottom mounting hole, smooth the edges and paint. This is definitely a good substitute to buying the RS hinges.
Attached Images   
Old 02-22-2009, 03:32 PM
DLCrow
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jonnygo1
Here are a couple of camera phone pics of the brackets I made.
Materials:

4 1.5" hex head screws
4 lock washers
4 nylon spacers
1.5"x1.5" aluminum angle stock

I simply cut two pieces of angle bracket and shaped it to match the existing hinge. I drilled mounting holes into the existing hinges and used the spacers so tightening would not crush them. Be careful not to make the holes too high so you have room to tighten the nuts. As you can see, not too pretty but effective. I fitted the wing with only the top hole drilled, the top hole is the same distance from the top of the decklid as stock. All in all about 2 hrs to fabricate and get things fitting properly. Now I just have to drill the bottom mounting hole, smooth the edges and paint. This is definitely a good substitute to buying the RS hinges.
Outstanding - great shots and great advice - greatly appreciated. Like the chopper too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help - Fitting Tail to '92 C2 - hit a snag!!