Sponsored by:

Orlando Craigslist 91 Cab low miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In 6 years of daily RL reading I don't recall seeing any posts with the C4 AWD having problems. After 20 years I am sure there must start to be problems at some stage but I still find this pretty amazing!

I am scared of my top breaking however and I HAVE seen many of those posts. The costs involved seem very high as well considering. Ah, well I guess I shoulda gone with Barry to the Kia dealership if I wasn't prepared to experience both sides of the Porsche coin!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
In 6 years of daily RL reading I don't recall seeing any posts with the C4 AWD having problems. After 20 years I am sure there must start to be problems at some stage but I still find this pretty amazing!

I am scared of my top breaking however and I HAVE seen many of those posts. The costs involved seem very high as well considering. Ah, well I guess I shoulda gone with Barry to the Kia dealership if I wasn't prepared to experience both sides of the Porsche coin!
Do like Jaime and me and buy a 996TT for those days you cant use the cab. You can get them for about the same price now
Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Perish the thought, Howard! Kia =

I have never seen the AWD system in these cars to be any more trouble-prone than any other makers', in anyone's practical experience. Yet the subject always comes up when people question what be wary of when searching for one of these cars.
I've never understood that.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimq
Do like Jaime and me and buy a 996TT for those days you cant use the cab. You can get them for about the same price now
Good idea, I'll tell the wife to pick one up on the way home!

I have been looking at a new job that will require a longer commute and so I decided to I may want to find something cheap, reliable and comfy to drive instead of the Porsche. After days of combing the ads for a Porsche alternative that's cheap, reliable and value for money I found it....a used Porsche!! Seriously 996's are just so low its scary.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Good idea, I'll tell the wife to pick one up on the way home!

I have been looking at a new job that will require a longer commute and so I decided to I may want to find something cheap, reliable and comfy to drive instead of the Porsche. After days of combing the ads for a Porsche alternative that's cheap, reliable and value for money I found it....a used Porsche!! Seriously 996's are just so low its scary.
Looking for another car, non-Porsche, for a longer commute???!!

That is a great excuse to use the Porsche! Heck, I drive instead of flying when I have meetings in Miami... some 550miles round trip. I promised myself that, while financially feasible, I would never drive a dull car again...

Unless you are talking about a Mini
Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jaime, the 964 was actually really great when I made the trip for an interview. It cruised on the freeway and was relaxing on my outward trip, then I let off steam by coming home along the coast wityh the top down right as the sun was setting...best of both worlds!

The issue is that I don't want to worry about excessive mileage and where i leave it etc. I initially thought an old beater would be the best idea. However the sub $25k 996's on offer have made me rethink
Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally sold my Corvette C5 this weekend and now the 964 is my daily driver (and only car - also use a BMW R1200GSA for transport when the mood strikes). These cars love to be driven - I can tell my car is much happier when driven every day. I'm not worried about mileage at all - I hope I can put 300,000 miles on this car.

Quick Reply: Orlando Craigslist 91 Cab low miles