Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info required on damaged 1993 RS America

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol me goes home with tail between legs guess I've got alot of RL 964 back reading to do
Old 02-06-2009, 05:02 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 188 Posts

That's alright, we're here to save you money before you buy a car, or make you spend a ton of money after you buy it
Old 02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
future
Banned

Dude that's cool by me

As previously stated though the process is not about making money by fixing and then flipping on for a quick profit

The car will be a new products development car and our main focus would be on chassis dynamics as we currently focus on for other P-Cars (mainly track/race orientated) so it looks like you've just put your name down for future test pilot mate

Effectively we've been spending the last 5 years with transaxle developments but it's time to broaden the horizons - A bit catch 22! Can't yet afford to enter the 997 market (not sure I'd want to) and our true love for the air cooled engine so we are both in same boat or RS seat should I add

At the end of the day I’d rather fix than part a car especially when a rare model is concerned which I’m sure you would 100% agree with – One man’s rubbish is another man’s gold you could put it, and there is nothing wrong with that Every lovely car you have there sir anyway
Old 02-06-2009, 05:22 PM
future
Banned

Can I ask one question though - Sorry if this has been answered many times before!

QU: "Why do the US cars run H5 lamps like the Japanese market compared to our H4's"? Was this the case with the 993 also?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 188 Posts

Because our DOT (department of transportation) has a foot up their *** and deemed H4's illegal since 1986. That didn't stop me from getting a set though, because they are much better

My comment about the car not being a collector's piece was triggered by your earlier post that it is very desirable in Europe.

From an enthusiast standpoint I agree with you wholeheartedly - if you can fix the car and it makes financial sense by all means do it. I'm a little hesitant to embark on that journey because the front AND rear sub frame will need straightening. Also it looks like the hit in the rear quarter panel was hard enough for the breather valve of the oil filter to puncture the panel. You will have to check very carefully whether you'll need to just put a new skin and oil lines, or that part of the frame will also have to be tweaked. It doesn't look like an easy (as in cheap) fix based on the photos.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Did I read correctly...........$18K for the remnants of THAT? Hell, I'll sell you a whole, albeit stock, car for not much more than that. Or if you want a serial number on a shell that's less damaged than that one.......well, bring a truck over to my warehouse!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:35 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race911
Did I read correctly...........$18K for the remnants of THAT? Hell, I'll sell you a whole, albeit stock, car for not much more than that. Or if you want a serial number on a shell that's less damaged than that one.......well, bring a truck over to my warehouse!
I was just about to say the same. Now a days with the economy, you can get a decent RSA in stock form for a bit more then this old track *****.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Chulo
Racer

Originally Posted by christallon
I looked at this car 2 years ago and spoke to the PO. It sounded like a very nice car then before it was wrecked. A shame. My feeling is that here in the US, $18K is all the money in it's current condition. Perhaps in Europe it's a better deal????
This looks like Bruce H's car, which was in Boston. I, too, looked at it, and was a really nice C car (new H). Shame it was wrecked. No idea what a wrecked RSA is worth, but low teens seems right. It did have Recaros in it when I looked at it. Bummer..

Quick Reply: Info required on damaged 1993 RS America