Sponsored by:

Rear seat carpet is wet

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:37 PM
ThePhoenix74
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seat carpet is wet

Since I live in a snowy region, I've stored my 90 C2 in the garage for the winter. I've been doing some work on it and found that the rear seat carpet is wet (so far, only on the driver side). I've been searching the forum to find a possible solution, and some people are pointing out to the sunroof drain tubes being clogged.

Where exactly are those tubes and how can I purge/check that they are not clogged?

Thanks,
Old 12-28-2008, 03:09 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Open the rear deck lid and you will see where the drains exit. There is a procedure for taking the sunroof out. I have done it on a Mercedes, but no on a 964. I would not try to wing it as the steps have to follow the correct sequence, and it is easy to damage the panel, tracks, drive, etc.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:52 PM
ThePhoenix74
Advanced

Default Where!?

Originally Posted by springer3
Open the rear deck lid and you will see where the drains exit. There is a procedure for taking the sunroof out. I have done it on a Mercedes, but no on a 964. I would not try to wing it as the steps have to follow the correct sequence, and it is easy to damage the panel, tracks, drive, etc.
Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but I've opened the lid and can't see to find the exit. Where should I be looking exactly?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 AM
a964man
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ThePhoenix74
Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but I've opened the lid and can't see to find the exit. Where should I be looking exactly?
when you open the engine cover look towards the hinges in the top corners, there is a channel with two small holes about 5mm each side. good luck, lets us know how you get on, I have the same problem but haven't got round to fixing it yet
Old 12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
ThePhoenix74
Advanced

Default Channel

Originally Posted by a964man
when you open the engine cover look towards the hinges in the top corners, there is a channel with two small holes about 5mm each side. good luck, lets us know how you get on, I have the same problem but haven't got round to fixing it yet
ok, now I see it :-) Based on other topics, it seems that I should start by looking if the tube are connected to these holes, but I haven't been able to find the joint yet. I'll let you know what I find.

Quick Reply: Rear seat carpet is wet