Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonnygo1
Check FVD's website...it says they will make whatever color and stitching you want!!!

Jonnygo1 is correct. Fvd Sport Airbag Wheels are made by Atiwe in Germany. They will create a custom wheel in any Porsche color, assuming that it is still available. The custom wheels do take time, 4-8 weeks, but are really gorgeous and well worth the wait. If you are not up for the wait, we stock many of the basic black leather wheels. There are two choices on any wheel, those are with a vinyl airbag and with a leather covered airbag. The Daytona GT series Atiwe wheels are 340mm with the thickest grips in the Atiwe line. Atiwe also has aluminum look, carbon and suede inserts. The wheels must be purchased with hub adapters,which are also available in custom leather. Just let me know if you have any questions I will be happy to help out.

Here is the link for the Atiwe Wheels, just enter your model at the top.

http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/-...ringWheel.html

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 11-13-2008, 10:31 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

The factory wheel is actually 385mm. I have the same wheel in 365 in my C2 and 340 in my turbo with custom leather work. Although the 340 is nice and thick it is good for street driving but more effort for performance driving. I would not go smaller than 365 for track use.

Posted before but I will post again. The 340 was custom done by Paul Champagne. He does outstanding work but said he would never do another wheel like this one.
Attached Images      
Old 11-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I sort of agree and disagree.
I tend to think 350mm would be ideal but because I have longer legs I appreciate the extar room 340 affords.
Plus my car is very light in the front end with a fair bit of neg camber so the steering is very light and precise- its quite neutral but I can easliy oversteer and have plenty of leverage even with the smaller wheel. YMMV.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter
I sort of agree and disagree.
I tend to think 350mm would be ideal but because I have longer legs I appreciate the extar room 340 affords.
Plus my car is very light in the front end with a fair bit of neg camber so the steering is very light and precise- its quite neutral but I can easliy oversteer and have plenty of leverage even with the smaller wheel. YMMV.
I guess to each their own.

I am not small and over 6' tall. I need the extra room too. I am running max negative camber and my cars are both quite neutral also. I can defiantly feel the difference between the 2 wheels. Like anything you get used to it. Because I can switch from one car to the other I can feel the differences which are quite apparent. It is especially noticeable in AX events. In either case the 3 poke wheel in any size is a major improvement over the 4 spoke wheel
Old 11-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

In any event its the nut behind the steering wheel- irrespective of diameter- that matters most

Quick Reply: Steering wheel mod...