Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSA Wing Installed: Before and After

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:49 PM
pwengland
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont know if anyone is still looking at this post... maybe I missed it, but just want to know exactly what the wing is... is it an original from an RSA or something else.. have seen a few like the one on the blue car in the thread, but the white one is exactly what Im looking for... rgds
Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

That style of tail (on the blue car) is used on the 911 turbo through the 964. From the description, it appears the owner acquired an SC turbo wing and decklid and then modified it to fit on to a 964.

Edit: When I responded, I thought you were asking about the blue 964 but the mod is similar to what 'cobracarrera' did for his white one, as well. If you want a Factory part, you may want to shop for a Carrera tail and decklid, which are essentially the same parts used on the RSA--but not quite as difficult to obtain. The easiest route is to purchase a Getty Design or MA Shaw all fiberglass RS America tail which actually fits into your stock 964 decklid.

MA Shaw RSA tail on my C4

Last edited by joey bagadonuts; 07-14-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:52 AM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes.... The white car is mine.....It is a original OEM RSA America wing and decklid.......I got it from a D.E Instructor who has a RSA...He was converting his car and was putting on a GT2 wing on his Carrera.
I bought the wing and decklid combined but it needed to be painted from Guards Red to Grand Prix White...

I was lucky to find the wing/decklid.......Looked for a long time.. Wasnt too cheap eighter....
Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,303 Posts

Yes mine is an RSA original part also.

The turbo wing on the blue car is from the 964 turbo with a rubber trim piece from a 930. The 964 rubber lip was reduced in size although very similar. The fiberglass part of the tail is almost identical but does not have the opening for the rear wiper that was removed from the tail of the 930 and placed through the rear window of the 964.

The RSA tail is identical to the earlier carrera wings but it too had the hole for the wiper removed.

I think there are a lot of red RSA's missing their wings because mine too was red and had to have it painted. I missed out on three other red ones before I found this one. It too came complete with deck lid and all parts needed other than the pieces needed to attach it to the supports which had to be fabricated.
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
That style of tail (on the blue car) is used on the 911 turbo through the 964. From the description, it appears the owner acquired an SC turbo wing and decklid and then modified it to fit on to a 964.

Edit: When I responded, I thought you were asking about the blue 964 but the mod is similar to what 'cobracarrera' did for his white one, as well. If you want a Factory part, you may want to shop for a Carrera tail and decklid, which are essentially the same parts used on the RSA--but not quite as difficult to obtain. The easiest route is to purchase a Getty Design or MA Shaw all fiberglass RS America tail which actually fits into your stock 964 decklid.

MA Shaw RSA tail on my C4

I love that picture of your car parked on the street......Love the wheels..
Old 07-14-2009, 07:40 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobracarrera
I love that picture of your car parked on the street......Love the wheels..
Thanks!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:21 PM
pwengland
Advanced

all, thanks for your help... live in Malaysia so I expect an original will be impossible to find.. think I'll order the MA Shaw.. again guys thanks, this forum is amazing..
Old 07-15-2009, 02:37 AM
jneteler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pwengland,

PM sent

JNeteler

Quick Reply: RSA Wing Installed: Before and After