Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racecar Project - Car vs Deer - Deer lost

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The lift is a Precision Metal Works lift. Yes, I have access to the underside through th nose of the trans and in the front for full suspension access. Awesome lift.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

The bumper was able to be salvaged and has been repaired and fitted on the car. This saves me a lot of work installing the lights, fasteners, etc. The front spoiler was also repaired and refitted with the camloc fasteners for attachment. And my carbon fibre under pan was also repaired and the camlock fasteners reattached. The hood is done and the door is in primer tonight and should be mounted shortly. I can then final fit the new fender and drill the mounting holes and all of the parts go into paint.

I also took the time to replace my factory style wire hoop tow hook with a Rennline piece that is more sturdy.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looking good. I love the wheels.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Jonnygo1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geofferey,

What type of lift do you have? I'm looking for one for the home garage that won't require me to build extra high ceiling. Does that allow free access to the bottom of the car?

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

I have free access to everything under the car. I can remove the engine and trans, center tunnel panel, and have access to the entire front suspension.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Accident? What accident? Everything has been repaired and put back together except for a few stickers and the clear bra on the front of the car. I took this time to update my front tow hook to a Rennline tow hook from the Cup style that keeps bending from winching the car into the trailer. I bought an aftermarket clear side marker light rather than the factory version, and it isn't nearly as clear and the reflector behind it isn't it bright. I'm looking forward to driving it again.

Quick Reply: Racecar Project - Car vs Deer - Deer lost