Old 09-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by MitchB
Just completed this job myself.
Cutting that nut off had to be WAY harder than removing the three 13mm nuts...
I used a (shorter) RS bump rubber on my rears. Last defense from metal to metal contact if things go bad.
Was scheduled for alignment today but - get this - my Motive Brake bleeder blew a hose during the bleeding! Brake fluid at 12 psi squirting everywhere!

I spent over an hour cleaning up the mess. Is synthetic brake fluid as nasty to paint as the old stuff??
I get it, I get it, I get it!! But after breaking a few hard to reach bolts you can’t blame me for being paranoid… cutting that nut looked a heck of a lot less work than the, incorrect, thought of risking breaking more bolts… plus I did not know if removing everything was going to be easier or a pita later to install… now I know!

Funny you mentioned the hose issue… same thing happen with mine… at 20psi just when I had finished doing the last one...

Good thing my father-in-law was there and I had placed a towel under everything... no harm done... but now looking for a better quality hose to replace it.

Seems some of the replacement parts will take awhile to arrive... that and work related travel will sit the car in the garage for a few weeks...
Old 09-15-2008, 04:20 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Someone here had the bright idea of putting a pneumatic coupler in the line to the cap. I've adopted that idea and am very pleased with the result. Put the coupler close to the cap. That way, there is less air loss from each de-coupling. And, you get a whole new hose and hose clamps to secure more tightly to each of the fittings.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My issue was the bleeder was just old. Four years old. My fault for not recognizing it.
Easy solution for me is to simply replace - say every two years. At fifty bucks, it's worth it...
Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by MitchB
My issue was the bleeder was just old. Four years old. My fault for not recognizing it.
Easy solution for me is to simply replace - say every two years. At fifty bucks, it's worth it...
No need to replace it all just for a broken hose... Nothing a new piece of hose and two hose clamps can't fix. I also suggest you do the mod recommended. I did, and it is great!. Two air hose adapters Quick connect/disconnect if you have different adapters and even if you have just one, screwing the cap is easier and then you plug it to the bleeder.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:33 PM
ThunderC4S
Racer

Did you use bumpstops for the Bilstein front struts or did you leave them out ?

ThunderC4S (John)
Old 09-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by ThunderC4S
Did you use bumpstops for the Bilstein front struts or did you leave them out ?

ThunderC4S (John)
Front came with those...
Old 09-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Jaime - I have not forgotten you but I have not found'em yet.....

Marc
Old 09-18-2008, 04:51 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Oye Watchuko,

Please let me know what you think of this suspension set up and results. I want to do the same for mine. Did you change the strut bars too?

Buena suerte!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw

Marc
Thank you Marc. I am still waiting for parts from Sunset. Seems the dust covers are coming from Germany...

I just got back home and heading out to San Francisco tomorrow (will be there all week). So not much work happening anyway.

Just keep looking, just keep looking, looking, looking, looking... (trying my best impression of Dori from the movie Finding Nemo)
Old 09-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by ljugete
Oye Wachuko,

Please let me know what you think of this suspension set up and results. I want to do the same for mine. Did you change the strut bars too?

Buena suerte!
Gracias! Please be aware that it looks like at least two or three weeks before it will be back on the road with time for me to provide some feedback. But if you query (search) this forum you will find some recent threads on the subject. Reason I went with this was based on the feedback from the forum members that have a similar setup. The overall feedback was that it was a great setup for the street but not that great if you do a lot of track days with your car (but ok enough for a DE here and there...).

Only changing the shocks and springs... no changes to the bars. This car will not see a track. I just wanted a better ride since the suspension felt tired and gone...
Old 09-23-2008, 01:58 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Gracias!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw

Marc
Marc,

Package arrived today! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! Dinner on the Diaz's next time you are in Orlando!!

Also, everything else came in Friday. So we are set to go

Quick Reply: Suspension install questions