Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver front wheel wobbles +1/8" Can I track the car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:42 AM
walterj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Part #5 can also be at fault, and play allows for acceleration to occur... which compounds the force applied causing terms like shear to be bandied about in the aftermath.

Its about $150 problem to change both inner and outer... the result at a minimum is more accurate turn-in with a good chance that there is no eulogy for you on Monday.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:07 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Never would I be on track and risk my safety to an UNKNOWN suspension issue. THe last thing you want is UNPREDICTABLE toe change. Hello armco.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:47 PM
kurquhart
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

Too bad this wasn't two weeks ago - I had those exact parts in the paddock at Laguna Seca.

Just to echo what others are saying: don't drive it on the track. I wouldn't even drive it on the street, but I'm a wuss.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
FamilyCar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too, I wussed. I decided I better let a real mechanic look. Garrett, I checked the front wheels for play after a put new pads in Sat. Good thing I did. It wasn't there before the Friday event. Odd.

Fri had no major offs. Well, did go 2 off at T3 (LS). I thought I had it too. Car was pointed straight. Kept that gas down. Then I _thought_ I was gently steering the car back onto the track. I must have let off ever so slightly before getting the driver rear back onto pavement, lost it, spun hard on pavement clockwise. I was probably 5k rpm by then in 3rd so going at a pretty good clip. That's the only think I can think of that might have loosened things up.

I was so pissed! Dirt gets used by you real racer dudes so much over there, that I figured I had an opportunity - from my mistake - to get my dirt line right.

Thanks for the advice all!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 470 Posts

Turn 3 is hard in a fat, heavy car - Kris would have no idea what that's like in his screamer!!! I have to go pretty slow through there.

Keep us updated on what you find out went wrong on the car's suspension...

Quick Reply: Driver front wheel wobbles +1/8" Can I track the car?