Sponsored by:

Need Part number for Hall Sensor Cable

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need Part number for Hall Sensor Cable

I looked all over PET and could not find a part number for this. Heck... I couldn't even find the part in PET.

I have my Hall Sensor code issue reoccurring now... After jiggling the connector that plugs into the side of the distributor I can get the code to go away. I just rebuilt the end of the connector but apparently I need to just go ahead and replace the cable It is the one the splits off in two directions... One end plugs into the Hall Sensor and the other plugs into the belt tensioner sensor. I'm not sure where it ends but I figure with the the tension connector partially broken and a poor connection altogether on the Hall Sensor... I should just go ahead and change out the whole cable.

Anyone have a part number? I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone?
Old 09-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

I'm not clear which sensor you are referring to. Do you mean the crank position sensor that is mounted near the flywheel? This is found in the electrical section of PET.

Crank position sensor = 911-606-217-03 (for 90+)
Old 09-02-2008, 10:33 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surely he means the cable that connects to the Hall sensor - on the primary distributor?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Surely he means the cable that connects to the Hall sensor
I agree. He does mean the cable, but...
Old 09-02-2008, 11:26 AM
amr89c4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best I can tell, the Hall sensor cannot be bought seperately and requires a complete distibutor, at least from Porsche. There may be an aftermarket out there I am not aware of.

I think the harness Smokin is referring to, is part of the complete engine harness and probably cannot be bought seperately. I don';t see it as a seperate part.

I'm sure the harness can be repaired provided there is enough wire length to allow for removing the connectors and installing new terminal ends. Finding new terminal ends may or may not be a big project.

If there is an open in the wire upstream thats another problem. It sounds like an intermittent at the connector though.

I'm pretty sure you can run without the belt sensor. I would have to see if the belt tension switch is normally open or closed and then just unplug it and either tie the wires together (normally closed) or tape them apart if (normally open).

Lynn
Old 09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts

Smokin - this may not be much help but looking at the wiring diagram for the Hall sender it runs back to the DME to pins 8, 30 & 31 and appears to be part of a larger harness. Have you popped off the DME cable and checked the signal at those contact points and/or cleaned the connectors on the DME cable?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Need Part number for Hall Sensor Cable