Sponsored by:

1993 RSA For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:47 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by doug751
That car will probably sell to some poor sucker overseas that does not inspect the car! Is there a German 911/964 site?
Hence the reason the collision repair is not listed in the ad. Never understood why somebody selling a car says there is no need to state that in the ad but will be honest if the seller "asks".

It's obvious that the seller is dishonest. Heck, he removed his initial post and deleted all the rest. So much for a potential buyer to see how this seller handles the question when confronted.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:03 AM
luke-44
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

I had been looking forward to doing some DE events with my RSA which I have now owned for about a year.

Seeing all these pictures is now making me pause to re-consider....
Old 09-05-2008, 11:11 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going a bit off topic here, but I have noticed quite a few non-sponsors recently on Rennlist, using their business' logos as avatars and having links to their websites in their signiatures. Isn't this in breach of RL policy? I have my own business I would like to promote it for free, but I wouldn't without stumping up for sponsorship.

Perhaps SSI is a sponsor and it just isn't showing, but I find it annoying in general.

Last edited by meek; 09-05-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by luke-44
I had been looking forward to doing some DE events with my RSA which I have now owned for about a year.

Seeing all these pictures is now making me pause to re-consider....
I think DE is great fun and miss it terribly, but I'm not taking my new RSA on the track because of my experience. In fact, I won't go back out on the track without a fully caged car. Over the winter, I hope to shop for a prepared but somewhat disposable (price wise) car to take back out next year.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by meek
Perhaps SSI is a sponsor and it just isn't showing, but I find it annoying in general.
He definitely isn't helping his business and reputation yesterday and today! I can't stand a mother f***in' crook! I'm glad he got busted here.

Gear change-
Originally Posted by Rennen
I think DE is great fun and miss it terribly, but I'm not taking my new RSA on the track because of my experience. In fact, I won't go back out on the track without a fully caged car. Over the winter, I hope to shop for a prepared but somewhat disposable (price wise) car to take back out next year.
You fellows don't need to put your RSA's in a museum. Go sign up for a DE and get in a novice run group. That is what these things are built for. Go give it some exercise. If you listen to your instructor and drive in your abilities, you won't have any problems or injure your car. Plus, you will learn a ton and get a glimpse of what it is capable of. You can't get close on the highway or street even breaking a law or two. It's a hoot and it comes with my highest recommendation!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:29 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by meek
Going a bit off topic here, but I have noticed quite a few non-sponsors recently on Rennlist, using their business' logos as avatars and having links to their websites in their signiatures. Isn't this in breach of RL policy? I have my own business I would like to promote it for free, but I wouldn't without stumping up for sponsorship.

I don't have a problem with having your logo as avatar and URL in your signature if you're not actively promoting anything. Once you do, like SSI, then it's gray area. If you're uncomfortable report it to a moderator and tell them your feelings. Then leave it to them to decide.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:33 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DogInBlack
You fellows don't need to put your RSA's in a museum. Go sign up for a DE and get in a novice run group. That is what these things are built for. Go give it some exercise. If you listen to your instructor and drive in your abilities, you won't have any problems or injure your car. Plus, you will learn a ton and get a glimpse of what it is capable of. You can't get close on the highway or street even breaking a law or two. It's a hoot and it comes with my highest recommendation!
Exactly. You're going to be on such a short leash when you start out it really doesn't matter what you're out there with. Well, maybe not my smart, but certainly any Porsche post-1300cc 356!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

He definitely isn't helping his business and reputation yesterday and today! I can't stand a mother f***in' crook! I'm glad he got busted here.

Gear change-

I was in blue run group when I did this to my car. 'Nuf said.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

You must have had an incredible instructor!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rennen
I was in blue run group when I did this to my car. 'Nuf said.
Details, please, because 'Nuf wasn't said'.

Otherwise, you leave it up to my imagination and my assumptions would be in the following order- 1. You didn't drive in your abilities? 2. You got plowed by a 944 not driving within his abilities? His instructor should have been taken behind the woodshed. 3. The 944 had a mechanical failure of some kind causing him to plow into you? That can happen anywhere, it's not because of DE.

I believe, from experience, that it is a statiscally and practically rare occurence to damage a car in a beginner DE run group that follows standard DE protocol.

If you don't mind sharing the incident, I would (and others can) learn from it. Thanks

Last edited by DogInBlack; 09-05-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar
Old 09-05-2008, 12:58 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
You must have had an incredible instructor!
Pat on the back for Dell everyone! He is a friggin' AWESOME instructor!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:59 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

hehehe.....**takes a bow**

but other way around.....I had a great student!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 898 Likes on 548 Posts

Since all of the SSI posts are now deleted, just wanted to make sure that this is the car that was advertised:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...816168014.html
Old 09-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

Details, please, because 'Nuf wasn't said'.

Otherwise, you leave it up to my imagination and my assumptions would be in the following order- 1. You didn't drive in your abilities? 2. You got plowed by a 944 not driving within his abilities? His instructor should have been taken behind the woodshed. 3. The 944 had a mechanical failure of some kind causing him to plow into you? That can happen anywhere, it's not because of DE.

I believe, from experience, that it is a statiscally and practically rare occurence to damage a car in a beginner DE run group that follows standard DE protocol.

If you don't mind sharing the incident, I would (and others can) learn from it. Thanks
It was an unfortunate circumstance with a lot of bad luck, and I'm sure with plenty of culpability to go around if we wanted to explore it. I'd rather not go into great detail and am frankly thankful that it is behind me. Everyone walked away, which is the most important part.

I'd be glad to talk with anyone about it around a bucket of iced Rolling Rocks sometime.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:23 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Since all of the SSI posts are now deleted, just wanted to make sure that this is the car that was advertised:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...816168014.html
I'm searching for one of these cars and find this thread fascinating. To drive transparency, I've captured the ad here:

Caveat Emptor!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
1993 Porsche RS America.pdf (75.7 KB, 205 views)

Quick Reply: 1993 RSA For Sale