Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Lethal Farce
I am in the same boat selling a 1990 C2. One question not answered is; Where or what is the best place to advertise to sell one?
LF
Here, autotrader, craiglist, local PCA chapter newspaper or site...
Old 08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

And in roughly that order, for no-bs effectiveness, Jaime.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:59 PM
FLIEGEN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Best "not for sale" For Sale post seen in a long time!
Thought you'd guys would like it! Its not a "not for sale" thread, its a not "for sale" thread... theres a difference... car's for sale, but this isn't the official "for sale" post. Hense no pics or prices, cause I honeslty needed the boards help. I coulda posted is and asked 40K obo, but then everyone would have laughed at me, and I'd be shunned. I wanted to get a nice car to a family looking to take care of it for the "right" price... So far I've gotten a lot of advice, and to not sell to Fabio.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:14 PM
FLIEGEN
Instructor

HEHE name check, I can make a real post nows... ;-)
Old 08-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by FLIEGEN
HEHE name check, I can make a real post nows... ;-)
Wooohooooo!! Go ahead now and start a formal For Sale thread with all ext and int photos and details on the car.

Best of luck with the sale Is a tip, but we still like them anyway.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:27 PM
FLIEGEN
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Wooohooooo!! Go ahead now and start a formal For Sale thread with all ext and int photos and details on the car.

Best of luck with the sale Is a tip, but we still like them anyway.
yea im gonna get the pics up no later than this weekend. Already have a gentleman asking for pics, so I will just make a formal post and send him the link. Kill many birds with one post.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lethal Farce
I am in the same boat selling a 1990 C2. One question not answered is; Where or what is the best place to advertise to sell one?LF
The good cars sell for top market because they are worth it. The bad cars are really not worth the trouble of owning, but they still find naive bargain hunters.. eBay will bring you top dollar if it is a poor example. With a good example, Rennlist has most of the knowledgeable potential buyers and people with trusted connections to potential buyers. Without the trust, I don't think you can get a top-of-the-market price. With the current economic situation, I suspect even top prices for good cars are not happening. Let us know how you do.

I might agree the tip is a problem, but the white cars are the fastest and worth a premium!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite buyers are the ones that have the money and are ready to spend it.

Recently seen on another thread:
"Okay, a second Rennlister flaked out on me after promising to get me a deposit this weekend,.."

Good buyers are wherever you find them, as are good cars. The only advantage of someplace like Rennlist, is that it gets a high concentration of eyeballs on your car of folks looking for a Porsche. The disadvantage is that there's a bit of overpricing, due to the urging of the cheering section.

In this market, I would carpet-bomb the landscape with ads and hope for the best.

Good luck.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
FLIEGEN
Instructor

https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale-ads-member-to-member-fs-wtb-free/450742-mint-1992-carrera-2-cabriolet-in-northern-ca.html

Thanks Rennlist for the suggestions.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:03 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
My favorite buyers are the ones that have the money and are ready to spend it.

Recently seen on another thread:
"Okay, a second Rennlister flaked out on me after promising to get me a deposit this weekend,.."

Good buyers are wherever you find them, as are good cars. The only advantage of someplace like Rennlist, is that it gets a high concentration of eyeballs on your car of folks looking for a Porsche. The disadvantage is that there's a bit of overpricing, due to the urging of the cheering section.

In this market, I would carpet-bomb the landscape with ads and hope for the best.

Good luck.
Yep. I was the one with the two people in a row that flaked out on me. I am telling people that I will not hold the car for anyone, period. Craigslist can be a decent place to sell a car, but it brings out all the nutcases in the world. No kidding, you should see some of the emails that I have gotten. I think that I've seen everything except "I'll trade you my wife for your car." LOL
Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomF
I think that I've seen everything except "I'll trade you my wife for your car." LOL
I think that's in a different section - and that would require many pics and definitely a PPI. And of course a test-drive.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:43 PM
FLIEGEN
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
I think that's in a different section - and that would require many pics and definitely a PPI. And of course a test-drive.
Definitely a PPI! and as long as the former owner continued to make the maintance payments, it'd be a good deal.

Or else the traded wife would cost 100x more than the poor car.

Quick Reply: Need to sell mom's car, whats it worth?