Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

cool
Old 08-02-2019, 07:52 PM
JGPierce
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reviving an oldie, but goodie!!

I've got a 1991 964 with rear Euro lens setup that has fog lights. I'd like to add brakes to the fogs where the fogs will light up when the brake pedal is pushed. Also keeping the functionality of the fog light switch. The above links no longer work that describe how to add diodes to make this work. Can anyone provide directions on how to do this?
Old 08-03-2019, 06:02 AM
MKRS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi!

Didn't want to spam with new post regarding light issues so maybe someone has idea how to solve also this problem.
I have been repairing a car after some serious crash, so now step by step solving some issues with wiring, relay, etc.

- my fog lights doesn't work at all (mystery is that I saw them working before (but I am not 100% sure as lot of months have passed) I did some activities in dashboard as I had to change windshield wiper motor..). Checking fog light connection at front headlights +/- it gives 0 resistance as they have been linked together
Also checking cable signals which comes to switch at dashboard there is no either minus nor plus.
- I also change front light wiring set from USA to Europe model as that was damaged but as I understand, only difference there is additional turn signals on each side (mentioned that there is no wiring for "last" turn signals on Europe wiring, but was on USA with all bulbs..)

Any help would be highly appreciated, as majority of thing has been already repaired but it is hard to take car on the road with brake light issues

MK.

Last edited by MKRS; 08-03-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:48 AM
MKRS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

really stupid- just need to find the right switch for the fog lights

Quick Reply: The 5 Brake Light Mod...