Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Hood release not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 03:14 PM
964Heaven
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok thanks today I am sourcing a boro scope luckily I did a preemptive DME & battery swap when I got the car in Jan...

I will pull the fronts again to see if their is any other way in...

thxs again Chris
Old 07-22-2013, 06:13 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi mate don't drill any holes !!!

it happened to me and after thinking I opened it, the problem usually come from a broken handle,
bassicly when you pull the lever it pulls the inner cable, the outer cable is retain by the plastic lever assembly
this is what is usually broken, so you need 2 pairs of pliers one to hold the outer cable (the type of pliers you can lock) and one to pull the inner cable and job done , I leaved like that for more than a months waiting for the new cables , I advise you to have the emergency cable for the engine boot as well fitted,
good luck !!!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

Great stuff here !
I knew my '92 had the front cable, but when I checked the rear hatch, nada....
Thanks to the info and pics, I've got it covered now !
Old 07-22-2013, 07:20 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kos11-12

it happened to me and after thinking I opened it, the problem usually come from a broken handle,
bassicly when you pull the lever it pulls the inner cable, the outer cable is retain by the plastic lever assembly
this is what is usually broken, so you need 2 pairs of pliers one to hold the outer cable (the type of pliers you can lock) and one to pull the inner cable and job done , I leaved like that for more than a months waiting for the new cables , I advise you to have the emergency cable for the engine boot as well fitted,
good luck !!!
964 Heaven's post said, "the cable broke and pulled straight into the cabin", that would in my mind be a broken inner cable.
Maybe he's lucky and it is just the outer cable that come through it's retainer.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:27 AM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Ha ok ! Sorry I rush to write and did not read the whole story ....
Old 07-23-2013, 09:52 PM
964Heaven
Banned

Originally Posted by crg53
964 Heaven's post said, "the cable broke and pulled straight into the cabin", that would in my mind be a broken inner cable.
Maybe he's lucky and it is just the outer cable that come through it's retainer.

yes the silver cable came all the way out

Ha ok ! Sorry I rush to write and did not read the whole story ....
no thanks for contributing I will re attack this weekend working tomorrow
Old 01-18-2014, 11:33 PM
mattah
3rd Gear

good luck !!!
Thanks for this, it's exactly what's happened with my car. Got some vice grips on the outer sheath and pulled the handle and pop, up comes my hood.

Quick Reply: HELP!! Hood release not working