Sponsored by:

Seat Height

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:52 PM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Seat Height

I'm rather a short person and find the seat at full height just acceptable, but I would probably be happier if I could make it a little higher.

Does anyone make any kind of spacer to increase the height of the seat? Has anyone done this to their seats?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:45 PM
lmazzoli
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I think that it depends on how much additional height you need, but you could probably get a good shop to fabricate a few spacers to put between the seat rails and the the floor mounts for the seat. There are only 6 cap screws holding down the seat and I am sure that a shop could make the modification.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:52 PM
james944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I don't know how tall you are, but in my experience it's better to feel like you're sitting in the car than on top of it. I'm not very tall either, 5'6'', but I've got my seat all the way down in the back and all the way up in the front so it holds me as best as a comfort seat can. If you're not really short try sitting a little low for a while. It may be hard to get used to at first, but you don't need to see the road right under your front bumper, and from a low position you'll look ahead more and it seems like you can really feel what the car wants to do.

YMMV,
Hope this helps,
James
Old 07-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Weltmeister makes a kit to raise the seat rails 20mm (3/4"). Its available from Automotion (no affliations)

http://www.automotion.com/productpag...&cid=2&sid=136
Old 07-04-2008, 09:12 PM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Weltmeister makes a kit to raise the seat rails 20mm (3/4"). Its available from Automotion (no affliations)

http://www.automotion.com/productpag...&cid=2&sid=136

This looks like what I want, since I just acquired the car I may wait a little while, but I believe that ultimately I will acquire these rails.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:44 AM
jeffwe
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just discovered this old thread while searching. I'm a recent new owner of a 90 C2. I also find the seat to be too low at maximum height setting. I used some aluminum bar stock and shimmed the seats up by 3/4" and find it makes a tremendous improvement in my overall feel in the car.

I am extremely short (5'3"). My shims are very ugly looking so I will probably buy that shim kit.

Does anyone know if the bolts included with the kit are of the proper strength? I don't want the seat ripping out in the event of a collision.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Not sure. You would need to contact Automotion or Weltmeister. If it were me, I would order the kit and then buy new bolts at my local hardware store, if they weren't in the kit. I've replaced my seat bolts with grade 8 bolts bought locally. The factor seat bolts are very soft and easily stripped. See https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ead-bolts.html

Quick Reply: Seat Height