Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

1) You received your income tax refund.
2) Your mechanic just crashed his race car
3) You are due for your oil change.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:18 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
You get a snotty noise-violation letter from the home owners association reminding you that mowing is "only allowed during daylight hours". But you haven't mown for weeks.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:39 PM
1991 porsche carrera 2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
#1(a): You're trying to sell your car, and buyers keep telling you, "With those miles, it's gonna need the top end done pretty soon." ???
You are exactly right. Those that are new to Porsche and read this forum would be scared to death to buy a 964,993 Porsche. I will almost certainly be selling it to a party that just looks at and drives the car and will like it. I have learned some great information on this forum, but I have also Read some terrifing information from so called experts that are far from being correct. These cars a pretty buillit proof with just a little maintence. The percent of valve guides issues and need of top end rebuilds on maintained 964's is a very low percentage. Most of the people here seem to have a real passion for Porsche and can share their knowledege and for others that dont have the knowledge learn from those that do.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 PM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elbeee964
You get a snotty noise-violation letter from the home owners association reminding you that mowing is "only allowed during daylight hours". But you haven't mown for weeks.
This one really happened to you, didnt it?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by ilko
You read Rennlist too much and think every sound out of the ordinary is your valves walking away from you.
+1 nightmares never go away...

My contribution would be:

You do an oil change and a valve adjustment at home and suddenly hear a loud "CLONK" and see what looks like a piece of headstud attached to a nut, fly across the garage floor... ...and, of course, you keep the broken headstud to remind you...
Old 06-20-2008, 11:30 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're selling the car, it would probably be very beneficial to know how good your leakdown numbers are. There's no wondering about a rebuild--you can simply advise potential buyers that the car has a rock solid motor and you've got the documentation to prove it.

It's easily worth a five grand upcharge when it comes time to sell.

$0.02
Old 06-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts
If you're selling the car, it would probably be very beneficial to know how good your leakdown numbers are. There's no wondering about a rebuild--you can simply advise potential buyers that the car has a rock solid motor and you've got the documentation to prove it.

It's easily worth a five grand upcharge when it comes time to sell.

$0.02
This is an excellent way to answer the question, well worth the couple hundred bucks investment.

Quick Reply: 3 signs you need a top end rebuild