desperate

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
t-shark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default desperate

Hi guys,

After 4 months waiting for my car the mecanic finally said last week it would be ready. Last friday I went to his place to see how he was doing and he told me he encountered problems with the clutch. Replaced certain parts of the clutch while the engine was out, got it working, then fitted the clutch back in and finally the engine. Engine running like it should but then the clutch didn't want to engage anymore. Felt as hard as a rock when hitting the pedal. Bleeding the clutch didn't help.
I went back today and the poor guy is now in hospital. Heart problems. Feeling a little desperate now...
Tommie
Old 06-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Sorry to hear that your car's repairs are taking long. I hope you will be driving soon.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:39 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Default clutch problems

I'll bet he missed aligning the rod on the clutch slave with the recess in the fork when it went back together. Or he might have missed putting the fork in the groove in the throwout bearing, Pray for the former as it can be resolved by removing the slave cylinder and aligning the rod properly upon reinstallation - with the engine still in the car. If the rod got jammed in crooked, you would get a hard pedal with no movement of the fork, t.o. bearing or clutch.

If he screwed up the clutch assembly process, you get to remove the engine again.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:11 PM
CB Red 964
Advanced

Any chance the clutch slave hose is kinked or blocked? Never seen it before but it theoretically would create the same symptoms.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:10 PM
t-shark
Advanced

First thing is to get him out of hospital and MD give greem light for going back to work...
He mentioned something about the alignment of 2 pieces that might have mispositioned during install. HE said he wanted to drop the engine a bit to access this whole system. Is "dropping the engine a bit" a lot of work?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:23 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

T-shark , I really do not want to criticize your decision to go with this shop but I really have a hard time understanding why you chose this guy.
He knows close to nothing about a 964.
We have several very good Porsche independent shops in Belgium which you could have used.
Maybe become a member of the Belgian Porsche Forum if you need advice about local shops. www.porscheforum.be

Quick Reply: desperate