Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Experience w/KW Coilovers ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do all these compare to the PPS10s ?

Old 05-25-2008, 06:21 PM
charlesj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuner1
Yes and no. The V3s spring rates are similar to the PSS9s but the dampers and valving are far superior plus the dump and rebound are independently adjustable, unlike the PSS9s silly ****. Additionally KW is happy to sell you different spring rates to be used with the V3 kits and my kit has custom front rates.

If you want a hardcore package from KW just order their Club Sport package which is based on the V3 double-adjustables but with much more aggressive damping and spring rates. All the V3 kits included monoball rear upper mounts.

Other than the JICs including camber plates I can't imagine not buying the KWs.

Dead on. I have the V3s and agree completely. I have had 2 sets of V3s (on different cars. I have experience with probably about 50 different brands of coil overs (mostly not on porsche). What I have found is that until you get up into ohlin, moton, JRZ, penske, etc, the KW seems to be the best. The valving is quite good, they are double adjustable and have worked great for me. They are cheaper and to me a better value than the Pss9 and H&R. Personally, I am not a fan of the JIC for what they are. Their advantage is that they are pretty stiff and come with camber plates. The downside is they are basically the same FLT-A2 that they charge for less for for japanese cars. Nothing special at all. It just so happens that they hit a good market in porsche for the price point and coming with plates.

Ride on the KW seems close to stock. Front springs could stand to be a tiny tiny bit stiffer
Old 05-31-2008, 12:21 PM
CROSS964
Intermediate

For anyone that is considering JIC / CROSS suspension, I used to work for them for 2.5+ years and my name is Ben, telling you the truth, function wise, they are a very great product. I loved it. But, if you guys are not really know much about car suspension, I suggest you to get something that is much easier to use and more friendly customer service. Some quote about JIC put Magic on the CROSS suspension, trust me, they put some magic to my paycheck too. Also, the reason being you guys didn't get a good customer service is because all the employees are underpaid and the owner of JIC doesn't want to spend a dime on customer service (sneak peak: once money comes in to the company, it goes to his cars, not his employees, not his company). I hope this helps you guys, it is a good product once you got the correct setup shipped to you and just hope for the best that nothing will happen that makes you in needs to call them. Lastly, Hi Jon Kim, I know that you will read this one day.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Freejack
Advanced

in my former 64 I had a kwV3 and replaced it by a H&R supercup.

we are speaking about complete different suspensions. the spring rate is nearly 3 times higher than in kwV3.

the H&R is for track use and it will make you crazy while going with your wife on a weekend trip.

now I am driving a kw comp2. this in my opinion the best compromise for track AND street use.

ask your supplier about the spring rates and you can see what you will get. and forget about changing the springs only. i did this at first and did a lot of monkey work for nothing. with stronger springs you need a different damper adaption, this means with every changing of springs I sent the damper to kw for modifiing them. the supercup with northloop specification ( with longer damper cores ) fitted perfect on the northloop or none GP tracks.

in anyway: everyone who is looking for suspension sets needs to make his own experience - and blow away a lot of money to find HIS solution.

frank

Quick Reply: Any Experience w/KW Coilovers ???