Sponsored by:

First track day with this car

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by fly2low
In an attempt to become a better driver, I recently picked up an RSA for track use. Had been using an 01 996TT, with some sig mods to the car, and had been doing OK, but come to realize that the horsepower was hiding driving deficiencies. I wanted a more basic car, and tomorrow is the first day on the track with her. Spent last night putting some final "touches" to the car.
The obvious question at this point would be - what's the point of this post? Well - I had to tell someone, and if my wife hears one more word about the car, I have the potential, after many years, of being able to sing suprano again. She was ok (more like tolerant) with my string of motorcycles and cars over the years, but a dedicated track car and consumption of $$ for mods pushed her to the edge. When I told her I needed to use her X5 to pull the car to the track tomorrow (one can onkly put the pieces together for all one "needs" at a certain pace), the line was crossed. We'll be fine - after 35 years we've learned how to dance together. So I know I have to shut up at home, but had to share my excitement with someone. Thanks for letting me share.
Yeah
Been there done that !\
good luck

Quick Reply: First track day with this car