Spoiler and OBC not working - Tiptronic car

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 PM
buck_31
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler and OBC not working - Tiptronic car

Hey all,

My rear spoiler and OBC are not working (outside temp works and when I fill up the miles remaining changes, but no fuel consumption, speed, etc), but my analog speedometer is working. I do not get any warning light regarding the spoiler (and spoiler works manually). My car is a 91 tiptronic, I believe there is some difference between 91 and 89/90 tipronic cars but not sure. Any ideas where to start?

TIA!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:55 PM
buck_31
Rennlist Member

Bump........anyone?
Old 04-05-2008, 07:26 PM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

This sounds like a problem with broken/cold solder joints in the clock. The clock has a connector that has a history of bad solder joints, and the spoiler, etc is part of this circuit. Search "clock" in this forum and read this >>> http://www.porsche964.co.uk/technical/clock.htm
Old 04-08-2008, 11:44 PM
buck_31
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the tip.....I took the clock out tonight and wouldn't you know it the bulb for the spoiler light was removed by the PO! I swapped it with one that was in the CAT location (don't think that is used here in the US) and I am sure the light will stay on when I drive it tomorrow. Can anyone tell me how to check if the spoiler control is getting the speed signal from the speedo? Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 91 C2? I am thinking that the speedo may be bad as both the spoiler and OBC may not be getting the speed signal???

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Spoiler and OBC not working - Tiptronic car