Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New carpet fitted

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:34 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you sure its not TU, light grey, it looks very similar to mine....

Kevin
Old 03-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great Pesty. Where did you get it installed?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 PM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those considering a re-carpet, I suggest you go for it. I replaced all the carpet in my 930 (now sold) a few years ago.
The 911 is fairly easy because the almost all the carpet pieces are glued to single curve or flat surfaces. Compound curves are much harder.
I bought a complete kit from Original Fit. I placed a special order of silver with blue edging to match the two tone theme. Almost all pieces were cut perfectly. The improvement was stunning.
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the complements guys.
I would say its closer to light grey than linen I will have a check under the seats and look for a code.

the guy who fitted it was Martin Dawson at Dawson Upholsteres 01653 691234 in malton north Yorkshire. nice bloke seems to have done a great job.

few more pics after I just installing the momo steering wheel I bought last year. I work slow Just need to give all the white surfaces in the rear a right good clean and thats it for the interior for now

Old 03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Pesty, that looks great! Love the two tone setup as well. And you are lucky to have the sport seats in there. Great looking interior.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by MitchB
For those considering a re-carpet, I suggest you go for it. I replaced all the carpet in my 930 (now sold) a few years ago.
The 911 is fairly easy because the almost all the carpet pieces are glued to single curve or flat surfaces. Compound curves are much harder.
I bought a complete kit from Original Fit. I placed a special order of silver with blue edging to match the two tone theme. Almost all pieces were cut perfectly. The improvement was stunning.
Very nice!! I would like to replace mine as well... more due to the age than anything else (still look fine). I wonder what black with red edging would look like... also looking to redo the seats in leather with red piping... now, if I could find a pair of factory sport seats, hummm...

Quick Reply: New carpet fitted