Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best in car video camera system for sale (major deal to fellow Rennlist members)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:42 AM
jsham
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best in car video camera system for sale (major deal to fellow Rennlist members)

I have an in, & I'm putting together a zero-profit group buy for the benefit of the members... for the best extreme camera system (in car/ out of car, helmet, etc.) on the market, I have just been informed of a saving to me so I thought I would pass it on. If anyone is interested, just email me and I will be happy to order one for you.
Please read about the system by clicking on the link below )if it doesn't work just cut and paste.
This is the cameras used by all kinds of pros, Teton Gravity Research, just to name one.
Also its the most versatile system I've found out their, built proof!

Retail $699
My Cost $539 plus shipping

http://www.vio-pov.com/index.php

Cheers,

Last edited by jsham; 03-15-2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Change the wording of my first post.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:52 AM
t-shark
Advanced

Is cam waterproof? How much to send it to Belgium?

Thanks,
Tommie
Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

It MAY have some great editing features, but in-car cameras are going for ~$100.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:33 AM
deoxford
Pro

LouZ,
Where?
Old 03-15-2008, 02:55 AM
jsham
Instructor

I'll check on the water proofing, my experience is yes, but let me look at what they say. But I will tell you I have used this system in out right nasty snow/rain storms and had never had problem one, best system period on the market today!
As for shipping, check from Salt Lake City, Utah to your address with Fed Ex or U.P.S., I would think they would be the cheapest. I will not charge anyone a handling fee or inflate the shipping rates like people on FleaBay. This is a super deal for fellow Rennlisters, period!
I will get back to you on your question,
Cheers
Old 03-15-2008, 04:01 AM
jsham
Instructor

louZ,
I have purchased, used, and discarded several systems and trust me when I say this "you get what you pay for"! I have had Arcos MP4 system, Helmet Cam, 20-20, Sanyo's extreme helmet camcorder and external camera, just to name a few. I have been researching and using system for over 6 years and nothing even comes close to this new set up.
I have had allot of learning over the years with allot of help coming from 2 of my best buds who both are professionals in the film, TV and editing bussness, so with there help and direction I have found my way through all the crap out there.
With this set up you can easily start and stop recording with a remote (huge benefit while filming, saves batterie and card space), the vibration will not effect the the recording (big problem on cheaper systems), tons of optional inexpensive mounts or just use velcro, it works with Apple and PC, so final cut pro or IMovie works great with both formats, which has always been a problem in the past.
I have several expensive, Pro and Pro consumer camcorders & camera's, from Panasonic, Canon & Nikon, there's no way that I'm mounting one of those in the car and no way outside of the car for sure to risk any damage to them. With the lens that is supplied you can get the killer fun shots you other wise have to risk your equipment or just plainly wouldn't be able to without with this system. Besides spending a large amount of time on set up with other camera's or systems is the last thing most of us want, who wants to spent there day at the track, on a rally or even a Sunday cruise stopping all the time changing and reseting there camera views up? With this all you need is some velcro and swap it from inside to out, front to back, all in seconds. That alone is worth the money, at least it was for me and all the professional film makers out there, make sure you check out all the film markers that use this set up, it's impressive!
The velcro mount will also save you tons of money (which is always good) on buying the different mounts needed for different angles also again, no chance for camera damage, like if you had your expensive camcorder on the roof or anywhere else for the matter (outside of the car), then losing it in a turn, running off the track spaying gravel everywhere, I would rather have an inexpensive lens then an expensive camcorder to replace.
In less you have spent allot of time with the cheap camera set ups as I have, then you will soon figure out that their not worth the money, poor picture quality, limiting software for editing, basically their a throw away system.
Before this system came out, to get a real quality system would run you around $2000-3000 FOR GOOD GEAR, picture etc. then after the money, you had to piece it all together, this has made it super easy for anyone to get quality footage, edit it and post it, that's the complete skinny.
If anyone has any questions regarding the other system out there, I would be more then happy to share my thoughts and experiences (if I've used them) and I want everyone to know, at the price listed, I'm not making a dollar on selling these, this is at my cost, I thought it would be cool for allot of us to share footage for the up coming season, and to help out the camera/system maker out (really good people) thats my motive, I'm a video buff and also find it great to watch others adventures, learn from them and share our passions. Besides maybe some of us will start filming DIY's so we can all watch them and learn, etc.
Cheers
Old 03-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Bob Patterson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jamie: Hey, I've decided not to go through another race season without catching some pics. So, looked at the chase cam, and it's a nice system. The one your suggesting is much simpler- have you looked at chase, and what's the read. Money's always important, but a couple hundred bucks for quality over a shot in the pan and low quality - well, the choice is fairly clear.

What's your read compared to Chase? And what others should I look into?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:48 PM
BlackWidow964
Instructor

Jamie,

Do you know if it has the ability to hook up to a 12v power supply? Very compelling system for the price.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Akerlie
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A cigarette lighter cable is available :
http://www.vio-pov.com/allproducts.p...ogin=&mem=&gr=

(look under "power sources")

Quick Reply: Best in car video camera system for sale (major deal to fellow Rennlist members)