Sponsored by:

Why do I try? Murphy's Law Mechanic Needs Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 01:22 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wf758
Lots of Rennlisters...including Steve from several posts back.
In fact, I'm sending this post from the Manor Ho right now! 3 Day Club race/DE going on at TWS this weekend. Day 1 was today. Many other Rennlisters and Turtles here too.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:16 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jealous!!! great weather, eh?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:26 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am frantically trying to get my car ready to try my first DE next month at Maverick's MSR event. Replaced a wheel bearing and what I think was a missing plug in the bottom of the steering rack this weekend. Have not been able to determine whether the plug gets me past the "absolutely no leaks" requirement yet. I think I still have may have some minor leaks around the pistons on both sides.

If I'm OK on the steering, I think new brake pads and a helmet are all that's left. We used a community helmet and entrant purchased socks at the AutoX's I ran in San Antonio. I am very excited about the prospect of participating. Seems like the next step up from AutoXing.

Went to Maverick/Denton because the local PCA is a breakfast and fun run group. They no longer have AutoX events. They don't even have an AutoX chairman. Maybe I'll take that on one day and try to get the club back to racing.

Would like to come over that way eventually. Maverick was an easy "beginning stage" sell to my financial consultant though. She figured out, without even any clues from me, that if we got into it, she would be able to regularly visit the expected first Grandchild in Ft. Worth. Brilliant on my part, don't you think.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by wf758
Now...how am I going to get in to the HWFM Racing with a post by a member like that? You know the only reason I looked good was b/c I had 500hp with me. When you see me in the 964, you'll wonder how I passed green.

Hope you and the family are well Steve.
Sorry about that, but you can drive. There was another 500hp monster just like yours out there this weekend and I passed him a bunch of times. I've seen you passing me in the 964 too. We'll find some other flaw that will get you into HWFMR.

Everybody's well, hope it's the same for you.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by altarchsa
I am frantically trying to get my car ready to try my first DE next month at Maverick's MSR event. Replaced a wheel bearing and what I think was a missing plug in the bottom of the steering rack this weekend. Have not been able to determine whether the plug gets me past the "absolutely no leaks" requirement yet. I think I still have may have some minor leaks around the pistons on both sides.
Cool. TR6 and I will be there with our 964's. Mglobe will be there too in his 997S. I'm sure others as well.

Don't worry if you're leaking a drop here and there. All 911's leak a drop here and there. As long as you're not dumping copious amounts, you'll be fine. We will probably be staying in Granbury. Last time up, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express there. It's about 15 minutes from the track. It didn't make me any smarter, though.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

I hear those clips break easily...
Old 03-21-2008, 10:56 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I hear those clips break easily..."
They did!

altarchsa--as Steve said, we all have a few leaks. Unless you are needing to add oil every 50 miles, i wouldn't worry about it. Have fun!

Steve--I hope the club race weekend was a successful DE for you. You in white yet? Like all my other friends, i'm sure you will leave me behind...................hey, maybe that is my ticket to HWFM Racing. I mean, of the 4 or 5 guys I started with, 4 of them are instructors and I'm just now yellow. hmmmmm, sounds slow to me! Think you can put a word in for me. I think i would make a great "Instructor's Apprentice"

Quick Reply: Why do I try? Murphy's Law Mechanic Needs Advice