Sponsored by:

Centerforce vs Sachs vs ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:49 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KirkF
When my car was 3 years old the original owner replaced the transmission with a new one. (Possibly done under Porsche Warranty)
When they did it they changed it out for a newer transmission (DMF) style.

Trust me when I tell you I went through alot of confusion when I was initially ordering the clutch parts, and then found out that none of them fit.

Kirk

I had an old Mercedes coupe and a similar experience. On the third ordering of the center drive shaft u-joint, the dealer told me to bring the old part in. He checked the numbers on the bearing and said "Too bad you don't have the car this shaft came in!" It was worth about $200,000 back then, which was 25 years ago (about 200 times what my car was worth).
Old 10-10-2008, 05:41 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Im thinking of the vertex clutch as well for my 993. Frankvan - did the shutter ever go away? Did you buy the entire kit or just the clutch? Wondering if you are running the LWF or standard clutch...
Old 10-11-2008, 07:24 PM
frankvan
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TJ,
I'm running the standard 89 setup which differs from the others in that it's a single mass flywheel. It's actually almost identical to the 87-89 SC (as far as I understand it). It seems like a fairly light flywheel but that is offset by the heavier than usual mass of the pressure plate in the stock setup (standard Sachs replacement). KirkF I think has the weights of the items somewhere posted and I think the total mass of the DMF system and the 89 system is comparable.
The shudder disappears every time I bleed the slave so I think it's just time for a new slave cylinder. Once moving the clutch engages very nicely (ie, 2nd gear and higher). It's just a pain backing out of a parking spot or moving in stop and go traffic.

Quick Reply: Centerforce vs Sachs vs ?