Decals vs. Magnets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garrett376
I'm a fan of decals... had them on a street registered race car for 14 or so years... doesn't bother me and I like the looks of decals much better than magnets. Plus, it's annoying when they blow off, so you end up taping them all up, which looks even more (s)crappy!
+1 for vinyl

One other consideration, Ron, is that a white car with Cup numbers will look like ... well, a Cup Car. It will have the look of an historic, Factory-built race car with period-correct markings driven by a mature entusiast/collector. Most will probably think you're taking her out for a quick joy ride and appreciate your desire to stretch her leg ... little do they know your true intentions.

I have a very similar car (albeit, with big *** wing and a few more decals) and truly enjoy driving my "Cup" around town. I get tons of admiring looks--unfortunately, they're all directed at the car--and it's generally very positive.

When I had my black car on the street in full race regalia ... well, that was a different story. It looked so badass that I'd get a little different reaction.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:30 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Anthony, yeah, there's been enough demand that I thought I'd formalize things at least enough so I was more consistent with pricing.

Here's an updated link (slightly revised catalog from the link above):

Two Jokers' Graphics

(Btw, the other "Joker" is 38D here on Rennlist. He's my "nearshore" location that I outsource design work to when I can't handle the volume in a timely fashion...)

Good for you guys.

I really like what you did to all the cars I have seen, great work!!! I am sure by the end of this year the C2 will be dedicated track only so I will have to contact you when we get to that point.

Quick Reply: Decals vs. Magnets?