Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding, pulled over, but no ticket... the story

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Uber 911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elbeee964
its in my 964 glove box and boy does that give me latitude with the 'old bill'. I guess they realize I'd contest them and use it in defense. The press over here loves the underdog..
Old 02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
murfysflaw
Wallflower
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not in my Porsche, but on the way back from a business trip. I got nailed for 80 in a 55 on a country 2-lane road. Police was coming head-on and running behind a truck when he nailed me on a straightway. I started pulling over as soon as I saw him. He gave me a ticket.

About 45 minutes later I'd made it to the freeway, was actually going the limit and stuck behind a truck. It had gotten dark and there was a car ON MY A$$. I pulled into the fast lane and sped up a bit to get around the truck (maybe 5 - 10 over). As soon as I got around him, blue lights from the car behind me.

I pulled over and he said I'd been speeding. I picked up the ticket from 45 minutes prior, my license and registration (all still sitting on my passenger seat), handed them to the driver and told him I only exceeded the limit to get around the truck and had been adhering to the limits. As he looked at the ticket I told him I'd obviously slowed down even at that. He let me go and in hindsight, it was probably a really stupid thing to do.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
polar964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well spotted ....... you have obviously been there?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Uber 911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by polar964
Well spotted ....... you have obviously been there?
Just the once, its not far from Performance Legends where I bought mine from. Good roads round there... Apart from plod who's now learnt to fly just to ticket you. That Brundsrom is a dick head

Quick Reply: Speeding, pulled over, but no ticket... the story