Sponsored by:

C4 ABS Unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:12 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scamper
I am really surprised no-one has posted about their experience of getting the ecu refurbed as this is a relatively "common" problem for this age of 911.
Actually - although I know it's a recognised problem, I don't remember seeing many (if any) posts about people actually suffering from it in all the time I've been on the forum.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Scamper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An update on this ongoing saga...

I have sent the ecu to three companies with the following results;

BBA-reman - couldnt fix the unit, sent back no charge

Autoteknics - couldnt fix, possibly voltage unit fried/unit spiked, test + p&p charge - but would sell me another unit for £860 plus keep my old unit "for spares". Only offering a 90 day guarantee so obviously scrap yard sourced.

ES Alternators - couldnt fix it, unit would not power up, p&p charge only.

SO the current situation is I have dud ABS ECU that cant be repaired and at the moment i am unable to find another second hand. e-bay doesnt have any and I have also searched the foreign versions without luck.

I have had a reply from a salvage yard in California who have one for $1450.....but I am a bit reluctant to get one from there (unless I get really, really desparate!!)

I can still drive the car but obviously the 4wd and abs functions arent working.

Its a bit annoying really as these units are fairly expensive and there must be someone out there that can fix them no matter what the fault may be...

Is there anyone out there who has a wiring diagram for the unit as that may be useful for identifying parts and possibly allow for the replacement of key components if they can be sourced???

If anyone has a spare non-working C4 ABS ecu they would like to sell to me please pm me..
Old 03-23-2008, 03:23 PM
kalujo
Advanced

Scamper,there's one on ebay,Part No 964-618-126-00.Six days to go.
Best of luck.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Scamper
Instructor

Thanks...got a bid in!!

I tried a place in France - RSR ..something or other, they list stuff on e-bay and had loads of c2 ecu's but no c4's. At least thats what i could figure out from our emails - due to my bad french!!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's the -00 unit, I have one in stock that is known to work. E-mail if you have an interest.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:23 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Porsche-apart in ramsbottom.

Quick Reply: C4 ABS Unit