Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 PORSCHE 911 C4 RS LIGHTWEIGHT - Details?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:51 PM
cwrm4
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

My company is a couple blocks from RPM, and I drive by it every day, always hoping the main garage door is open. I must admit I'm not sure what the business model is as the cars there just never seem to move. The silver '93 RSA has been sitting in the same spot for over a year. If I let my car sit for a month, something new starts leaking, so it does make me wonder about those cars.

But, by gawd, it is a stunning sight to see all those cars lined up in there. There seem to be many more 993s and 964s in the warehouse than are listed on the website.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:24 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by Cupcar#12
The Rarest of the "Series" 964 cars with only 22 built (next is the 92 cup)

This would be a good investment since it is realitively unloved right now
I think this car shows why rarity does not always equal value. While interesting, you can't really do anything with it other than sit and look at it. If it had been raced, I think it would be a different story.

Another car that is very rare that does not command much of a premium is the 964 Turbo S2
Old 01-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blake - that would be great - i can give you my phone no as well if he would rather call.

Colin - i'd say that is true for now... who knows in the future.
as far as doing stuff with it you can actually do a good bit of racing - PCA would have no idea where to put it - but that is ok (you would of course regear the tranny).
it would be the cheater car in Rally America classes (altough it might now compete very well if classed in open w/o a turbo charged engine) hell you could run at Pikes Peak as is.

Rally Cross.....

You will always be accepted to RennSport Reunion with it for demonstration runs and the like.

i am optimistic i am sure. i love them for the tech and details
Old 01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
David P
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be ideal for hill climbs like the Mount Buller Sprint Porsche used to sponsor.

David P

Quick Reply: 1991 PORSCHE 911 C4 RS LIGHTWEIGHT - Details?