Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Advice needed after replacement my Rear Blower Motor????

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 04:17 AM
jsham
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help, Advice needed after replacement my Rear Blower Motor????

I replaced my rear blower motor today (old one was bad, no heat for winter driving) and everything came off with out a hitch, but after starting the car and making sure that everything was working properly, I noticed the the blower motor stayed on. This after only running the car for 1-2 minutes. I aware that when the car is hot/warm it can stay on to cool the engine, but this was not the case, it's only 25 degrees here in SLC and the motor was no were near warmed up or normal operating temp, let along hot.
So is there a relay that could be bad, a fuse, what????? I really Need advice for this problem, I don't want to have to replace another one because when the cars on/off it want stop the burns it's self up & I need heat, daily driver!
After I shut it off I went and disconected it to get it to stop, but I only waited 2-3 min. I wanted to goto sleep, I will let it run tomorrow and see if it will ever stops on it's own, but again please help, I'm out of Idea's
Cheers to you all and I hope each and everyone of you has a great, safe, insightful & fulfilling 2008.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:55 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

As a quick guess I would check you've replaced the NTC sensor in the heater pipe. This checks for engine heat and allows the fan to run after switch off to cool the engine if required.

kevin

Quick Reply: Help, Advice needed after replacement my Rear Blower Motor????