Santa came alittle early

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
jneteler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Santa came alittle early

Well, I had to do it again...

In June, while sitting in a traffic jam and I was rear ended but good. I was knocked hard enough to hit the car in front of me into the adjacent lane. Long story short, three cars totally written off. The C4's engine was knocked off the mounts and bleeding oil over the highway. Suffered a concussion but no other injuries.

Come September and the 911 itch returns. There is a limited market for these cars over here, especially if a manual transmission is desired. Started looking around but the selection was crap. Clapped out 911SC's, a few dubious 964 C2 tips, and the occasional 964 C4 wide body. My preference has always been to the NB's without tail mods; they are different from all the local modders that bespoiler or otherwise pimp up the Protons and Hondas.

While looking at a 911SC Targa at a repair shop, I notice this very nice 1991 964 C4. The car was not for sale but after insisting the shop agreed to call the owner to see if he might not accept an offer. No luck but he had my contact details.

About a month later I get a call asking if I was still interested in the 964. Apparently the PO, had a change of heart and wanted to get a 993 Tip so that his wife would feel more comfortable driving in city. Smart man, keep the wife happy and upgrade at the same time.

The deal is now closed and I am enjoying the pleasures of a very nice weekend car. The PO had it repainted, redid the interior, added decent sound system, upgraded the suspension, overhauled the motor...

The first few impressions are that it may be the same year as the red C4 but has an entirely different character, much more refined. Its not perfect but a nice solid car.

So far there is only one that needs to be fixed; the left turn signals stopped working. And two items to deal with at my leisure: the cloth strip around the sunroof is falling apart and the tail lights/reflector are faded. No decision yet on clear corners and aero mirrors.

Just glad to be back in a P-car again,

JNeteler
Old 12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
jneteler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried using the insert image button but no images

What's the deal here???

JNeteler
Old 12-18-2007, 01:22 PM
flatsixcrazy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back. To insert pics, I had to resize the pics to a smaller size and upload one picture at a time before hitting the post button. Andy
Old 12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jneteler
I tried using the insert image button but no images

What's the deal here???

JNeteler
click on the paper and pencil symbol bottom right
go to advance option below on right and add them there

Quick Reply: Santa came alittle early