Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF ; Great 964 Upgrade ! In the TOP 5 ?

Old 12-03-2007, 04:02 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

A few pictures as requested. (some of the items bracket, filter.. may vary if required).

MAF sensor, filter and bracket.

Chip/Board inserted into DME

MAF in engine bay.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:14 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Any plans for the 993 series?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The 993 already has a MAF. We have plans for the 993, just a bit too soon to discuss. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:31 PM
donoman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff522
I will be installing my MAF kit today from Vitesse Racing. Once installed I will be obtaining multiple 1/4 mile trap speeds and ETs. I have been obtaining results since I got my 964. I have them for air filter and chip, LWFW, Autothority MAF and soon the Vitisse MAF. While not as accurate as a dino for hp and torque, it dose give a measure of improved performance. I will be sharing these numbers in a few days.
Perfect! I would love to add 50hp and did not think it was possible without dropping my motor and cracking it open.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:23 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a note.. I have removed my Autothority MAF and chip due to performance issues.. we can only get 91 octane fuel here in the NW, and timing and heat related pinging was a real headache for me. I would be very interested in your solution if it could indeed work within 91 octane, with a true intake temp setup. That would make it worth it to me. I know you don't compare, but do you know if your MAF will fit within an existing intake hardware from Autothority (the filter and intake tubing)? If I can save any $$ it would help :-)

--tcb
Old 12-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Sire
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi all,

I'm ordering just one kit for here in the Netherlands, I'm gonna dyno the car on thursday and probely got the kit here 10 day's later. I will do another dyno and show them for you online. I allready got a LFW, and cat bypass.

So in a week or two you can hear mine experience.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:52 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

tbennett017, If you look at the picture above, our MAF is very different in size from the APE MAF. Actually the sensor we use was not available at the time APE was developing the MAF (early 90s).
Sorry, it will not fit in place of the APE MAF.
At the moment, we do support 91oct and 93oct. That said, I would like to clarify a bit. Depending on the location and the time of the year, various 91 or 93 octane fuels have different composition. In some states, the fuel does not perform as expected, we have seen this with the 951. For some reason, CA during cold season has the most challenging fuels.

Based on past experience, and studying what the factory did, we have a very good idea of what must be changed to support lower octane fuel. To stay ahead of it, I am working with someone on the West Coast to check various images while monitoring knock with a "Hammer".

MY89-90 cars use a different DME, MY91 and newer cars use a later model DME. The earlier DMEs have the FQS (Fuel Quality Switch), which we program to give the customer added flexibility over fuel +/- % and over ignition in case there is need to alter it. Later DMEs do not have FQS!

At the moemnt we have multiple configurations, we will be adding as needed. As with all of our products, we take your feedback seriously and we incorporate your ideas into the products.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:19 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary C2 UK
Hello John, could you tell me if this could be supplied suitable for a UK fitting? Our fuel is normally 95RON with 97-98 available as well. 98 is normally what people suggest with their Motronic chips over here. I have a US address if you prefer to only ship stateside. If it could be supplied to suit the UK fuel then I'd like to expreess my intent to purchase during your promotion. Do you have any pictures of the installation, in particular the air-filter used? What brand of AFM is it, Bosch?

Thanks,

Gary
All UK cars should be run on 97/98 octane super unleaded no-matter whether the engine is standard or modified- as specified in the 964 handbook and on the sticker inside the filler flap!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The installation photo shows a cone type air filter which I do not want to use. Will your MAF work with the stock airbox? Plus the car must pass a visual inspection as requiered here bi-annually in CA and I'm wondering about that issue.

And while we're talking, does your software have a way to prevent or address the stalling which plagues 964s equipped with a LWF since that is something I would like when my budget allows?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Gary C2 UK
Instructor

Originally Posted by NineMeister
All UK cars should be run on 97/98 octane super unleaded no-matter whether the engine is standard or modified- as specified in the 964 handbook and on the sticker inside the filler flap!
I thought the base fuel that all UK cars of this era ran to was 95Ron as the minimum? I thought it was only as you advance the timing etc that the higher Octane fuel became advisible/necessary? I'm sure the flap says 95RON but can't check at the mo.....I may be wrong...
Old 12-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Gary C2 UK
Instructor

John, checked your website(quickly as at work tonight) but couldn't see a phone number??
Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

prshguy, Our software runs clean, we maintain closed loop and we keep the AFR as original for Idle and light load. Since there are way too many rules and regulations, there is no way we can address emissions in every and each state or county. We do not get involved with emissions, all kits are considered for racing or off-road use only!

We are working on a optional stealth setup, where you retain the factory air box, I will make it available when ready. For the stealth setup a adapter will go in between the air box and the MAF, the air box must be modified for the adapter to fit. There is a lip that must be shaved. The factory air box opening is less that 3", so you may not get 100% the free flow of the std. setup.

The software does handle the LWF. The car we did the developments on (Derek's car) has LWF and lightweight clutch. Not a problem!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Gary, drop me a line, I'll give you the information you need.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:23 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast951
prshguy, Our software runs clean, we maintain closed loop and we keep the AFR as original for Idle and light load. Since there are way too many rules and regulations, there is no way we can address emissions in every and each state or county. We do not get involved with emissions, all kits are considered for racing or off-road use only!

We are working on a optional stealth setup, where you retain the factory air box, I will make it available when ready. For the stealth setup a adapter will go in between the air box and the MAF, the air box must be modified for the adapter to fit. There is a lip that must be shaved. The factory air box opening is less that 3", so you may not get 100% the free flow of the std. setup.

The software does handle the LWF. The car we did the developments on (Derek's car) has LWF and lightweight clutch. Not a problem!
Thanks John! Very Interested to see the results and feedback over the next few weeks of the installs people are doing.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary C2 UK
I thought the base fuel that all UK cars of this era ran to was 95Ron as the minimum? I thought it was only as you advance the timing etc that the higher Octane fuel became advisible/necessary? I'm sure the flap says 95RON but can't check at the mo.....I may be wrong...
The sticker on the filler flap of my '90 car does indeed say 95 Ron as does the handbook.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MAF ; Great 964 Upgrade ! In the TOP 5 ?