Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reassembly of door lock mechanism??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 05:04 PM
SEAFORE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reassembly of door lock mechanism??

I am reviewed previous posts on reassembly of the door key lock mechanism, but have cannot fully figure out how to get the lock mechanism working. Any help would be appreciated.

Current situation:
-Tumbler originally came out of the handle-screw on tumbler shaft evidently came off.
-Completely removed handle, found two mating internal 'operator' parts as well as the attachment screw.
-Reassembled with the operator pointing up, angled toward front of car (drivers side).
-Can Lock/unlock with passenger door lock, can only unlock with reassembled driver side (although does not feel quite right). Alarm goes off upon opening door if newly reassembled driver side door lock is used to unlock the door(probably not sensing that it is unlocked properly).
-Found a plastic 'bushing' that locks onto the tumbler shaft by 3 knubs. This bushing has a molded rib that is continuous all but one spot around the perimeter.
-Based upon a previous post, I pried off the black microswitch to inspect. Upon inspection it appears that the rib on the plastic bushing mentioned above probably actuates the microswitch. The microswitch does not appear to have a actuator sticking out far enough to touch anything (assuming perhaps a small actuator roller may have originally been inside the microswitch?)

I tried to line up the tumbler shaft and the bushing such the rib low spot on the bushing is aligned to the microswitch upon reassembly. I am thinking now that the microswitch had a piece fall off that actually pushes in on the microswitch when the bushing rib is rotated.

If anyone has pictures or explanation of the details to reassembly I would appreciate it. 1990 C4 Thanks

Quick Reply: Reassembly of door lock mechanism??