Sponsored by:

18 inch Speedlines - WTB?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 05:57 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjr
Ah the old question "why do we pay more for European-made goods than the Amercians do." If you look at Porsche's new car pricing, it's probably what, 40% cheaper than in Europe? Well proportionally, their parts cost 40% less too. The US is their biggest market so I can only think that although their margins are lower in the US, the total volumes still make a massive positive contribution to their bottom linne - and it obviously works, as we all know...
tjr,

Porsche operates hedge funds. Their success is hedging the dollar is well documented and the primary contributing factor to keeping US prices in check.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!

Mr Ferrari Pete -

Yes, your post does come across as a rant.

My request was simply to hear others experiences' with other brands. If you read my posts, I clearly state that I have no interest in RH as long as there are options to explore. RHs are copies.
Your post serves as only as a data point to me. You like yours - fine. Say that and move on. Many have posted and said otherwise - that serves as additional data points. I don't need your critical review. Nor do I need your reference to my request as having some affect on someone's business or livelihood - where does that come from?
I just asked for others' experiences and opinions - and only that. I spend my money where I decide.

I think perhaps english is a second language for you. "Soft" in this context refers to mallebility of the metal - how easily it will deform. Your question of "do I think the metal will harden with time" is a little insulting.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:06 PM
ferraripete
Racer

my apologies. again, not intended as a rant but my apologies nontheless.

best,

pcb
Old 11-21-2007, 10:31 PM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!

Apology accepted. Thank you. Let's all just go for a drive...

Quick Reply: 18 inch Speedlines - WTB?