Sponsored by:

Cooling Rear Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:59 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

OK, so over the weekend I changed my rear pads with new ones, bled the system with fresh ATE Blue, and used the diagnostic tool to check for trouble codes, there were none.

I also checked out the front pads as they were changed at the same time as the rears last winter. The fronts have at least 50% left and were in good shape. I pulled them up and installed them back again.

The rear wheels move freely when the car is in the air, or at least as freely as the front wheels.

I also checked my ABS module and master cylinder, in case one of the previous owners decided to get creative there, but everything looks stock, with the red paint still on the bolts. Here's a couple of pics.
Attached Images   
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Ilko,

Maybe we are looking at this problem all backwards. Are your rears working extra hard because your front calipers are not working properly?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:31 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Ilko,

Maybe we are looking at this problem all backwards. Are your rears working extra hard because your front calipers are not working properly?
Now that's a clever thought!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:37 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Rob, I agree, that could be an issue, but...

The front pads seem to wear evenly and within spec. 3000 miles and 4 track days and they're at a little over 50%. I also feel there is plenty of stopping power up front. There are no error codes in the braking system when I used the diagnostic tester. Anything else I may be missing?

Quick Reply: Cooling Rear Brakes