Update on interior stripdown

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasC2
If you haven't already got the pics, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you the pics.

Maybe it's time for me to do a DIY-guide on the carpet installation....
That would be great.

Send me the photos while you work on the DIY - wachuko67@aim.com
Old 11-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasC2
If you haven't already got the pics, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you the pics.

Maybe it's time for me to do a DIY-guide on the carpet installation....
I allready have the pics Thomas thanks.

As for a DIY that would be great. This will be a completely new area for me. Spanners I can handle but carpets hhhmm thats another matter
Old 11-23-2007, 03:00 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob, that is a great job. can you post a couple more pics showing the side of the seats and centre console? hgave you done anything to the dash or dials yet?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 964russ
I had a local trimmer sort my interior out when i removed the seats ect, cost £180.

Inflation. Called a couple of coach trimmers both quoted at least £300!!

1/3rd more expensive that the carpet itself!

looks like begrudgingly I will have to attempt myself
Old 11-23-2007, 03:47 PM
964rh
Pro

911addict

No probs, I'll get some for you at the weekend.

Nothing done to dash yet, may just leave it. Dial are still standard but I actually quite like the black face.

rob
Old 03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Rob, after seeing your car in the flesh you've now got me interested in fitting new seats myself

So:

1. What do you think of the cobras? Robmug is doing them for a great price compared to the Recaro PPs I was contemplating.
2. Do the seats work ok with the normal 3 point belts?
3. What do I need to fit harnesses without a cage and how have you attached them? (I saw you had a bar in there but couldn't work out if anything was attached or if it just acts as a guide).

p.s. I hope the Mrs is no longer feeling queasy after her trip round the track!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 AM
964rh
Pro

Hi Steve

Cobra's are great imo, hold is fantastic. Wish I'd have got the larger size for the pass. seat so people didn't have to squeeze themselves. RobM did mine at a great price. I did only have one set of sliders for the driver seat tho'
Haven't tried the seats with the normal belts, stripped mine out and ebay'd them.
My harnesses are attached to the rear seat belt mountings (shoulder straps) and the original front seatbelt points(lap belt). I did install a couple of tunnel mounts (easy job) for the other side of the lap belt.
The bar you mention is just a harness guide bar. cheap as chips from stable energies stateside. Attachs to the orig. seat belt mounting which this then attaches to so you can use normal belts.

Hope this helps.

Rob

ps - yep, she got over it, but doesn't want to come out on track again with me. I trying to get her to have a drive of the 964 on the pcgb donnington day in June!!
Old 03-26-2008, 03:04 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by robh
Hi Steve

Cobra's are great imo, hold is fantastic. Wish I'd have got the larger size for the pass. seat so people didn't have to squeeze themselves. RobM did mine at a great price. I did only have one set of sliders for the driver seat tho'
Haven't tried the seats with the normal belts, stripped mine out and ebay'd them.
My harnesses are attached to the rear seat belt mountings (shoulder straps) and the original front seatbelt points(lap belt). I did install a couple of tunnel mounts (easy job) for the other side of the lap belt.
The bar you mention is just a harness guide bar. cheap as chips from stable energies stateside. Attachs to the orig. seat belt mounting which this then attaches to so you can use normal belts.

Hope this helps.

Rob

ps - yep, she got over it, but doesn't want to come out on track again with me. I trying to get her to have a drive of the 964 on the pcgb donnington day in June!!
Them seats in your car are a very snug fit Rob, bit to snug for me
I want different seats, but i want comfort as well.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by robh
Hi Steve

Thanks Rob, that helps a lot. One question about the tunnel mounts. Does that mean welding an eyebolt plate to each side of the tunnel (about level with the seat belt mounts)?

and don't forget to say after 4 laps, "can we go in now because I'm feeling a bit queasy?"
Old 03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
madmoog
Racer

Steve,

Should have tried my Pole Positions at Brunters! I had to pop an extra inch of foam in the bases as I suffer from Ducks Syndrome, but apart from that fantastic.

You did mention an up and comimg event at Silverstone ( in my diary at work) so should be there, mot, service, Pagid Yellows , Braided hoses etc. next week - so all will be go again. Can't wait

Steve

p.s. should anyone be interested I have many photo's of mine being stripped out by the PO, may be helpful?

Last edited by madmoog; 03-26-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added p.s.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:20 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by madmoog
Steve,

Should have tried my Pole Positions at Brunters! I had to pop an extra inch of foam in the bases as I suffer from Ducks Syndrome, but apart from that fantastic.

You did mention an up and comimg event at Silverstone ( in my diary at work) so should be there, mot, service, Pagid Yellows , Braided hoses etc. next week - so all will be go again. Can't wait

Steve

p.s. should anyone be interested I have many photo's of mine being stripped out by the PO, may be helpful?

Indeed, I did have a good look at your PPs and I agree that they would still be me favoured choice. Seeing Rob's cobra imolas and the price they can be had for, has certainly given me food for thought though. With a strut brace that's just arrived to fit, a small oil leak to fix and being in the process of sorting out wheels/track tyres, I think it will be a few months before I get started on the seats.

Look forward to catching up with you again at Silverstone (but not literally ), if you can make it.

p.s. I'm sure Rob won't mind you posting a few pics of the harness mountin points in this thread, to help us wannabe trackday modders
Old 03-27-2008, 05:41 PM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

seat choice can be a pain in the ****...

gettit?

i was going for the PP's but having had loads of different ones in the past i went for SPG XL's - you can skimp on comfort - i'll be at the rolling road day if anyone wants to try them...
Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 PM
sturm_old

Where did you source your center console?

Maybe I'll try white!

'93RSA 3.8
Old 03-28-2008, 05:10 AM
964rh
Pro

Centre console is the original with the vinyl taken off, sanded smooth and sprayed guards red.

Looks better in the flesh, camera makes it look orange!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
madmoog
Racer

Demonfish, whne and where is the rolling road day, could be interested....

Quick Reply: Update on interior stripdown