Mystery Part Identification

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:40 PM
amr89c4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery Part Identification

Hi Folks,

Gonna show my ignorance, but I would like to identify the part in the attached photo.

89 964

It looks like some sort of slave cylinder, but none of my Porsche books (small library I admit) show it. I took the shot laying underneath the car looking forward, passenger side, right below the CV joint boot. Its attached 90 degrees to the transaxle. My guess is that it may be a part of the hydraulically controlled limited slip differential (PSD).

My transmission code is G 6403 K 01646

Prior to buying the car I pointed out an oil leak from the oil filter return hose dripping on the tailpipe causing a smoke screen and burned oil smell. I had to return to TX and he called and said he found the leak and it was the clutch slave hose.

Difficult to argue over the phone a 1000 miles away. They couldn't seem to get the correct hose in and they said they wound up using an Audi hose. Anyway, due to circumstances I could not afford to wind up being stuck with the car in Indy again, so I took the car and decided to check it out myself. Dealer had the car a month to make the repair. I knew better.

The Porsche dealer service dept (idiots I might add) claimed they replaced the hose to the clutch slave cylinder. The only new hose I found after removing the windage tray today was the flex hose between this widget and the steel line running to the front of the car. The clutch slave is up on top of the transmission/engine interface on the driver side and its hose is obviously the original and not new.

I just know someone here knows for sure what the tiny hydraulic cylinder is.

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2007, 11:37 PM
amr89c4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better picture of part...I hope

Hopefully this will help you see the part better. There is a bleeder valve on the end of the cylinder, too.

thanks
Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:49 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes,
It's a slave cylinder for the lock control. part #928 332 775 12
The rubber hose to it is #964 315 061 00

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...er=96431506100

$43.oo from pelican.

hope this helps.