Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The most popular mods.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:24 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is perfect example of how much owners of others models spend on premium exhaust mods:

Europipe 996 Turbo Exhaust: $3,975.00
Europipe GT3 Exhaust: $4,390.00

Makes these mods seem affordable!!
Old 10-01-2007, 01:03 PM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssarchi
Here is perfect example of how much owners of others models spend on premium exhaust mods:

Europipe 996 Turbo Exhaust: $3,975.00
Europipe GT3 Exhaust: $4,390.00

Sure, but complete top to bottom engine builds with 3.8 cup pistons, 310 degree cams, carillo con rods and bolts, Motec engine management and all kinds of other stuff = $30000 plus......
Old 10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
rodtds
Advanced

To me, I think that these cars are becoming vintage. As buyers such as myself, buy these cars because of their classic look with the modern 3.6L engine, I would becareful about how much to mod. I asked the owner to put the stock D50 wheels back on. No H4 light upgrade, just replace the OEM parts. this is just street drive opinion.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssarchi
Okay, now we're getting somewhere. If you wanted to know if modifying a 964 is cheaper than modifying a later car, then maybe that's where the discussion should've started?

In some instances, the list of economical 993/6/7 upgrades seems somewhat limited. Specifically, you'd be hard-pressed to find many exhaust or aero parts for under a grand. And cold-air intakes or short shifters for these later cars are outrageously expensive! At least $500.

However, the 964 is not that far off when it comes to suspension, brakes, chips, diff's or wheels. You can spend $5K on a set of 964 rims just as easily as you could on a later car. And I don't think Moton or JRZ discriminates based on model year--we all pay through the nose.

So for certain mods, yes, the price difference can be astronomical. Was there something specific you were wondering about?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:15 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Nope- I think the modesty of the list is music to my ears.... and wallet.

I have a car in my crosshairs...... does anyone have any feedback about Chris's German Auto in Seattle?
In particular, I would need a complete PPI on a car in Seattle and am looking for a highly experienced independent shop that has lots of air cooled experience. They were recommended by the seller- which has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Quick Reply: The most popular mods.....