Sponsored by:

Autothority MAF Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 PM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Autothority MAF Question

I recently installed an Autothority MAF in my '90 C2 (bought used, no documentation). I have also built and used the DME Scantool. The combination of these activities has revealed that I have an Intake Air Temp fault (Code 25). I believe the temp sender for the Intake Air measurement is in the stock air volume flapper assembly. So here's the question:

Does anyone know if the Autothority MAF incorporates a similar temp measurement sensor? I assume it should and perhaps I have a bad connection or a faulty sensor, but if anyone has confirmation (or a copy of the Autothority documentation) I would appreciate the info.

Thanks in advance,

Jim G.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:32 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I also have the Autothority MAF + I installed their chip. I do not get a Code 25 when I use the Scantool.

Sorry, but I don't have any documentation when I got the MAF (used). I would also like to get a copy if one is available.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Autothority setup.. and I don't have any documentation.... it seems to be working well, but I do have some problems with the car running lean. I am looking forward to using a loaner scantool this week or so, so I will keep you posted if I get the same error. I am very interested in this topic, as I am tempted to go back to a stock unit with a Steve Wong chip instead...

Thoughts?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:40 AM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Default MAF Problem Solved

I took apart the wiring harness adaptor for the MAF and discovered that Autothority had simply installed a 2.2k Ohm resistor in the harness to fool the DME into thinking that the temp is a constant 75 degrees F.

Unfortunately in my adaptor the resistor wire had broken so the DME was seeing an open circuit (-26 deg. F). The DME eventually figures out that this is wrong, registers an Air Temp Fault (code 25) and substitutes 68 degrees as a fixed value.

I repaired the wiring and everything is as good as new. I have attached a wiring diagram of the MAF harness adaptor for anyone interested.

Ciao!

Jim G.
Attached Images  
Old 08-10-2007, 11:59 PM
brutus143
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the benefiet of this MAF in hp, etc...
Old 08-11-2007, 12:08 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brutus143
Whats the benefiet of this MAF in hp, etc...

Old 08-11-2007, 02:19 AM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Default MAF Performance

The Autothority MAF kit is advertised as providing a gain of 30 HP on the 964 3.6 engine (see their info at http://www.autothority.com/products/Mass-Flow-Kits.html ).

While I don't currently have the information to support their claim, I can definitely say there is an increase in power. I hope to be able to provide more explicit data after I have another dyno session: I have the "before" data so in the next couple of weeks I hope to get the "after" data. This will show horsepower gains for only the MAF change, measured with the same car on the same dyno under similar ambient conditions.

I will post the results when I have them.

Jim G.

Quick Reply: Autothority MAF Question