Infamous chip DYNO results

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 03:00 PM
sshenton1975
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Infamous chip DYNO results

Hi guys

A few months ago I remember several posts promising some dyno before and after results following the installation of chips

After various posts on the matter, there were those who believed and those who didn't. I admit to being intrigued and wondered if we have ever had any results?????

I seem to remember someone from PROMAX sending out some free chips for people to test on the dyno??

Give me the results please!!!

Simon
Old 06-21-2007, 05:05 PM
TR6
Drifting

Yeah, at the time, I posted that someone that got a free chip should do a before and after dyno and share the results. I'd be shocked if anyone actually did. I think people just snagged the free chips.

For what its worth, I just ordered a chip from Steve Wong (911 Chips) for my RSA but haven't installed it yet. I ordered it to hopefully cure a stalling issue I've been having due to a light weight flywheel. If I gain a little more low end power, then that's just a bonus. I may do a dyno comparison if scheduling works out. But who has time? Gotta first take it to the shop with the old chip and pay for three pulls... Then install the new chip and pay for another three pulls... I'm not sure I'm that curious.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:59 PM
74carreraturbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have one but it's waiting to be put on for the valves to be adjusted along with some other routine work... I will post dyno #'s as well as soon as it's done
Old 06-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Yeah, at the time, I posted that someone that got a free chip should do a before and after dyno and share the results. I'd be shocked if anyone actually did. I think people just snagged the free chips.

For what its worth, I just ordered a chip from Steve Wong (911 Chips) for my RSA but haven't installed it yet. I ordered it to hopefully cure a stalling issue I've been having due to a light weight flywheel. If I gain a little more low end power, then that's just a bonus. I may do a dyno comparison if scheduling works out. But who has time? Gotta first take it to the shop with the old chip and pay for three pulls... Then install the new chip and pay for another three pulls... I'm not sure I'm that curious.
Hey Greg,

When did this start? With the AC on and hot weather? I will be very interested if Steve helps you. I had a lot of discussions with him on my car and some things I want cleaned up and this is why I did a dyno run before I ordered a chip from him since my car is so modified. Please keep me informed and if you want to do runs and swap out the chip let me know and I can come help.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:08 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Steven C.
Hey Greg, When did this start? With the AC on and hot weather? ...Please keep me informed and if you want to do runs and swap out the chip let me know and I can come help.
Steve, yeah, it has started stalling sometimes when I push the clutch in even though I'm trying to ride it down below 1000 rpms before engaging the clutch. It doesn't do it all the time, but sometimes it just gets started doing it and goes into a cycle of stalling for a minute or so. The A/C and any other loads on it definitely aggravate it. I may definitely take you up on some help swapping it out. I actually called Speedworks in Lewisville today and they told me to bring it by Saturday for a dyno run. I'd like to run it pre-chip and post-chip, but I'm nervous about swapping chips on the spot (never done it before). If I can clear my schedule saturday, I may give it a shot (assuming my new chip arrives tomorrow like I expect).
Old 06-21-2007, 11:16 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

No one has considered Jason's generous remedy for the stalling issue concerning the lwt flywheel?

Noah
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by N51
No one has considered Jason's generous remedy for the stalling issue concerning the lwt flywheel?

Noah
Jason and I have talked and mine does it a little in only hot weather but again since my motor is so modified he didn't want to tackle mine at the time. Raising the fuel on rpm is what needs to be done and I know that Steve Wong knows this, so his chip should work.

Greg, this Saturday is bad for me though so if you push it a weekend let me know. Have you cleaned the ISV lately?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:06 AM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Steven C.
Have you cleaned the ISV lately?
I was afraid somebody was going to ask me that. That would require, like, effort, man. Its on my list of to-do's for this weekend (along with putting the transmission of my TR6 back together!). But if I'd cleaned the ISV first and then found that it cured my stalling, I wouldn't have had an excuse to buy the chip!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 AM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by N51
Guess I missed that. What was Jason's remedy?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:19 AM
pcarcraig
Rennlist Member

Jason's post is here. Perhaps he will chime in and give us an update on his effort.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:19 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

I've been sending out chips to anyone with a Rennlist membership that asks. Steve is running a 993 ECU and last fall when we talked I hadn't completely finished disassembling that software so I wasn't comfortable with asking him or anyone else to try it. Several 993 chip vendors have the artificial 6000rpm rev-limit after 6 minutes problem (that I don't have) and I wanted to make sure that similar style problems wouldn't occur.

Originally Posted by TR6
I'm nervous about swapping chips on the spot (never done it before).
There is a trick with the ribbon cable that you won't find in any chip tuners printed instructions, I'll post a How-To tonight that I have sitting around on my HD.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Christer
Race Car

I don't think there are any dyno results, because a rechip is on the whole not worth it.

Last edited by Christer; 06-22-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Christer,

Thanks for the laugh this morning . Good to see humour still around !

Geoff
----------------------------------------------------------------
KS400200,the oldest 964 on Rennlist,unless you know differently !
Old 06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TR6
I was afraid somebody was going to ask me that. That would require, like, effort, man. Its on my list of to-do's for this weekend (along with putting the transmission of my TR6 back together!). But if I'd cleaned the ISV first and then found that it cured my stalling, I wouldn't have had an excuse to buy the chip!
Greg,

You just have to remove two hose clamps to clean the valve Just remove the outside (easy) hose to the ISV and spray it with cleaner or even WD40. Take a popcicle stick and move the slide just a little to move the cleaner around, put the hose back on and start it up and you are done. Now that you have your new chip I am sure you will be able to accomplish this
Old 06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
There is a trick with the ribbon cable that you won't find in any chip tuners printed instructions, I'll post a How-To tonight that I have sitting around on my HD.
Thanks since I may be doing the install tomorrow! I would appreciate the tips!

Quick Reply: Infamous chip DYNO results