Sponsored by:

Sunroof Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Rutger Gert-Jan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

At the moment my car is at the paint shop for a total respray, so I had to take the sunroof out, getting the headliner out was a royal PIA. At least the fabric is not damaged bit I think I bent the panel a bit

I have to put the panel back once the car is back from the paint shop, any tips on getting the headliner back on the sunroof?

Thank for all your input!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

The headliner has snaps that attach it to the bottom of the sunroof panel. No real trick to it. Be careful not to bend it out of shape when sliding it into place.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:17 AM
MSH993
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread. I have repaired my sunroof this morning which would open properly but stick half way along an needed a push up to get it to close completely. The problem was caused by the two leaf springs which hadn't been relocated under the pin when the car was resprayed by the body shop. The sunroof inner cover unclipped easily without tools, and was pushed back to expose the springs and plastic ramps.

I was really nervous about having a go at repairing it with the paintwork just refinished, but your pictures and instructions made it simple. Thank you all once again!

Quick Reply: Sunroof Help