964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:19 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

last toy, thanks for the response. Funny, 24 hrs and we feel remiss. This really is a great place!

So, I put three cans of 134a in today and I'm getting 56F. The pressure was around 30psi, but I felt like three cans was a lot. Is it? Figured I'd give it a few weeks and see how it goes. I could have gone to 45-50psi according to the docs and the temps today. Is pressure the whole story, or is four cans of 134a getting to be too much?
Old 06-10-2007, 10:46 AM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DF, give it a couple of more days at prolonged AC running. I've noticed that it takes a little longer for my AC running with the air recirculation on to get the temp down below 50f. That being the case, I'm not sure if it's driven by the amount of 134a in the system or the pressure. I'm guessing the pressure. I think Adrian's book states the amount and pressure of 134a you need. I don't have my book with me. I'm also from NY, lake Chautauqua.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:57 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Don, are you up near Jamestown? I'm in Orange county, down next to the NJ border. My wife did an internship in Jamestown so I know the are a (very little) bit.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep an eye on it for a while and see where I get to.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:08 PM
last toy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DF, yep, right in the Jamestown area, the town that time has past by. If you ever wanted a muscle car, this is the place to find one. Some really great classic cars in this town. Not too many Porsches so mine gets a lot of compliments.If you ever get up this way. let me know, I have a 4 bedroom Chalet right on the east side of the lake across from lakewood. happy to let you or any Rennlister use it. It's about 1 1/2 hours east of Buffalo. Nice family place to lay back. Just Pm me for my number if ever interested. Don

Quick Reply: Newbie