Sponsored by:

Alignment cost question???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:59 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Anthony,

For now, I am looking for a good street setup but don't want anything that will eat tires too aggressively. Is the factory recommended settings the place to start for a street car? I can't remember now if ROW suspensions had different settings than the original USA setup. My suspension is all original at the moment.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:04 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Originally Posted by RicardoD
Anthony,

For now, I am looking for a good street setup but don't want anything that will eat tires too aggressively. Is the factory recommended settings the place to start for a street car? I can't remember now if ROW suspensions had different settings than the original USA setup. My suspension is all original at the moment.
ROW settings are adjusted for the lower ride height.

You should be fine with factory settings. However make sure they give you a print out and check to see that the car is not at the extremes of the factory limits. In other words at the maximum here the min there and so on. Technically it is in spec but not doing the most for you.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:20 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine set to RS ride height of 5 inches, 1 degree rake to back, corner balanced, alignment set to aggressive street and wheel balance. $600.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What Cobalt said! +1!

The place I go in SLC (Russ' Alignments) only does alignments.... In fact, they were referred to me by an independent PCar shop in Salt Lake City. I checked my reciept from last year: $34.12 including tax. Granted, that was for a "street alignment" per my specifications (factory) on the 964. After one year, the tires look great with even wear. I take all of my cars to him other than the GT3 which I take to a race shop ($600 for alignment and corner balance)...

My GT3 alignment is not trivial, and that car is strictly for the track. In that case, all I car about is feel at high speeds. For those seeking track alignments & cb's, $400 seems reasonable to me - but I would not pay that for a street alignment...

My $0.02,
-B
Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Speedster
What Cobalt said! +1!

The place I go in SLC (Russ' Alignments) only does alignments.... In fact, they were referred to me by an independent PCar shop in Salt Lake City. I checked my reciept from last year: $34.12 including tax. Granted, that was for a "street alignment" per my specifications (factory) on the 964. After one year, the tires look great with even wear. I take all of my cars to him other than the GT3 which I take to a race shop ($600 for alignment and corner balance)...

My GT3 alignment is not trivial, and that car is strictly for the track. In that case, all I car about is feel at high speeds. For those seeking track alignments & cb's, $400 seems reasonable to me - but I would not pay that for a street alignment...

My $0.02,
-B
Wow thats awfully cheap. I don't think you can get anything done around here for $34. That would equate to about a 15 min job in North Jersey.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:36 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From memory, it took them about 30 minutes. I like to do alignments annually (though only put 1500 miles per year on the Speedster) so will take it in this month and pay closer attention to what they do...

I'm with you - that price point is just too inexpensive!

-B
Old 06-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I paid $112 today at a local independent that does a lot of 911s in town.

Quick Reply: Alignment cost question???