Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intro - '91 Supercharged Strosek C2

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 06:53 PM
dboyle
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't dyno'd the car yet so no idea on the horsepower. The figures I heard bouncing around were in the 425 range (don't know if that is at the wheels, kinda doubt it).

It is a german auto supercharger, so whipple with an intercooler. Throttle response is pretty amazing. Have driven a friends 996 before and this one pulls at about 2500 all the way to red line. It is going to be a really interesting track car to say the least. Will get some engine shots up when I have the time to take them.

Canuck964, what tail is that on your strosek? I really like the looks of it, very 993 turbo.

I bought it from Tom at Midwest Performance Cars. Very good experience with him in general. He was busy so there was some delay in getting everything sorted out but it was the winter so I wasn't going to be driving it anyway. He made sure that everything that needed to get done was done before delivery. I am only plagued by a unusual high idle when warm (sometimes) so I am going to clean the IACV when I get the chance.

The usual fun of oil drips and the like, but nothing horrible. Have no remorse yet in buying it. Is totally unusual and a blast to drive. Although I have to admit that I am putting money into a separate account for the usual maintenance hehehehe

Thanks for all the kind words, really enjoying rennlist and the overall porsche experience. Have dreamed of owning a 911 since I was small enough to know what one was, so great that the experience has been as rewarding as I wished it would be.

-Dave
Old 04-24-2007, 01:54 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

dboyle:

The tail is a standard one offered by Strosek. The whole conversion was done at the Strosek factory. They are extremely good at replying to owner's questions. In fact I was able to get them to send me a copy of the original conversion invoice ... now if I could only read German.

I believe that your wheels are the same make as mine ... OZ's.

Aeroman:

I gather that you reside in the Pacific Northwest. If so I am going to try and make one of the XXX runs this summer.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
dboyle
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Canuck964:
Wheels are actually fuchs (sp?). She was actually strosek's show car at the 91 NY Auto show and SEMA. I have pictures of it along with the price tag (ack!) which is cool.

Still working on the engine shots...

Also I work with a bunch of germans so if you want things translated send me a PM.

Ok back to work... Finally got the car inspected this morning, they couldn't get it on the lift it was too low. Love the 'character' of the cars heheheh

-Dave

Quick Reply: Intro - '91 Supercharged Strosek C2