Sponsored by:

Strut brace diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:13 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking Strut brace diagrams

Bit cheeky I know, but as I'm always looking for an alternative to what's readily available, does anyone have any diagrams or dimensions for strut braces???

TIA

Kevin
Old 04-21-2007, 04:06 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

That'll be a no then?
Old 04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the Rennline one - what are you looking for? Measurements of length and bolt spacing?

Marc
p.s. sorry I missed the original post
Old 04-21-2007, 10:33 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

The distance between the inner shock mount studs (from the center of each hole) is 869 +- 2mm.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:41 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Thanks Jason,

Marc, I was also looking for the sum clearance so If I engineer one I won't punch holes in the luggage lid, I've seen some that don't inspire confidence and I need to understand what's the best option for me.
The RS aluminium one would not fit my car, the fuel sender is smack bang in the way, as Iain S (bluey) will tell.

Cheers.

kevin
Old 04-22-2007, 05:16 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by warmfuzzies
The RS aluminium one would not fit my car, the fuel sender is smack bang in the way, as Iain S (bluey) will tell.
Kevin,

I'm pretty sure that applies to most of the cars. Mine was also in the way but I just turned it round 90 degrees (the sender that is) and the strut brace fits fine.

Regards

Dave
Old 04-22-2007, 05:19 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Dave,

I'm not sure what yours looks like........but I can't see how I could do that, Iain has kind of moved his, and I couldn't see an option about moving it, remind me on the 29th, I'll take a gander at your setup...

Cheers

Kevin.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,

From memory (the car's not here at the moment) the fuel sender is attached to the float tube by a jubilee clip. I'm pretty sure I just loosened the clip and rotated the sender around the tube by 90 deg and that left enough space for the strut brace.

Have a look next weekend anyway.

Regards

Dave
Old 04-22-2007, 06:09 AM
108.5dba-static
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin, mine is a copy of the RS one and fits spot one - just remove the two front bolts on the struts mounts, slip over the brace and then reapply the bolts. The only question you need to ask yourself is do you want it above the carpet of not. If the former, then you will need to cut a couple of holes in the carpet before fitting the brace. I believe it will go under but its a squeeze. This is the same as mine.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget
Old 04-22-2007, 07:53 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Thanks.

This is the one I was looking for, but cannot fit:- http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...1L-GT2-EVO.JPG
I was trying to use the fact that it goes straight over the US fuel tank, but my fuel sender gets in the way as a means of trying to understand the differences and measurements of what I can/cannot do.
I am completely lost on what height the brace can go over the tank without damaging the luggage lid (bonnet) I could just buy one, that would be too easy though.
The exposed fuel tank picture looks nothing like my setup...........my fuel sender is more centred and definitely gets in the way.
I would like the challenge of doing it myself, but armed with all the info required for a successful outcome.

The pics are From Iains cab. He has had to remove the circlip sender and mount them away from the sender.

Cheers

kevin
Attached Images  

Last edited by warmfuzzies; 02-22-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:23 AM
IanR
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the carbon brace from Advance Car Products (Rob Mug), and had the problem as Iain. At the moment the sender is duct taped to the fuel tank!

Quick Reply: Strut brace diagrams