Sponsored by:

Just finished editing 2 homemade Porsche vids

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Mike_964
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Just finished editing 2 homemade Porsche vids

I bought a digital camcorder mostly to use on the track and other motor event, but I thought I might as well capture the first couple of this seasons kilometers.
You are of course invited to see it at either one of the two locations. The first is the fastest but worst quality, the other a bit more slow, but better quality.
Comments are welcome, but please remember this is the first time I have tried editing video.

http://www.youtube.com/v/RDipThWoFgo
http://www.youtube.com/v/axKcxqXLj1c

http://go-create.homeip.net/videos/
Old 04-14-2007, 07:01 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool! and Nice job.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:42 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Default mmmmmm

Nice job. The techno-pop wasn't even half bad.
Good engine tone, especially on passing.
How are the police up in Sweden? (It looked like there were a few potential speed trap locations along your drive.)

Last edited by elbeee964; 04-15-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:06 AM
mada1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Thanks.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Johnny G Pipe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Saw the first - Nice car, nice editing, but I don't think the music suits it at all. It would be nice to hear the motor occasionally (and not that DJ yelling all the time!)

Where in Sweden?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:21 PM
doug751
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks like fun!

Was that long bridge the one the connects Malmo to Denmark?

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Mike_964
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all your comments, can't wait to make a more interesting video from a track day, but road movies will have to do for now
I was afraid I would get comments on the music But let me try to explain it.
My first step into the Porsche world was a trip in one of my friends 996, where we where going to a track day that started at 9 o'clock in the morning and we had to drive 500 km, and we where driving with another buddy in a 996 Turbo.
The trip started out at 3 o'clock in the morning with no traffic at all, so they floored it and for almost 2 hours the speed was mostly above 150 mph (yes I'm glad to be alive). And all this time a CD was on with this german band called Scooter. (Check out the attached picture from the trip)
First I hated it, but now every time I hear it, it always reminds my of this crazy ride, and I associate it with Porsche driving at night. This is why I choose it even though I knew most people properly hate it.
I never listen to that kind of music at home, but again in regards to driving music I have been brainwashed. But other suggestions are welcome, it not a problem to change it.

The Police in Sweden are strict, but most of the driving is in Denmark (where they also are strict). 20 miles per hour over the limit in Sweden and you don't have a drivers licence.
But there are no speed traps in any of the places I have driven, although the last part in the tunnel are surveyed by the Police 24/7 by camera, but they don't use it for stopping speeding, but only to help in case of emergency.
I live just 10 miles from the bridge to Denmark, so I haven't moved that far from my home country.

Yes the long bridge after the tunnel is the one that goes to Sweden, but it starts on an artificial island between Denmark and Sweden, the tunnel then connects the island and Denmark.

By the way, I don't want to come out as a speeding fanatic, but I hope the videos show that I don't gamble with safety, although I admit to sometimes be on the wrong side of the speed limit.
Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Greg964
Pro

very cool!

Quick Reply: Just finished editing 2 homemade Porsche vids