Sponsored by:

Monday Morning

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:11 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday Morning

So what's been up in your Porsche world? I'm just busy getting advice from the few people that have enough bare metal in the rear to give me some pictures of the tub. I'm still working on the 993 Cab rear seat project, but think I know exactly what to do now. I need a good welder (someone that knows how, not the machinery cuz I wouldn't know how to use it) and some tips on dying the vinyl and carpeting and then I should be just about done. The only thing that concerns me is the fit of the seat bottom itself. There a bit too much slop in the fit cuz I think the 993 seat pan is just a bit different than the 964. Anyone have a few seat bottoms for cheap?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I finially had the time to detail the outside of mine. I didn't drive too much this winter just taking it out a few times. I put new rear tires on it. I went to the grocery store about a month ago. When I was driving away I heard this strange noise I'd never heard in the Porsche. The tire was flat! I used the compressor to pump it up and limped home. I tried plugging it but the nail went in diagonally and never really sealed correctly. They were getting thin so I decided just to change them out.

My wife has been fighting Crohn's Disease (Though another doctor thinks it Ulcerative Coalitis) Life has not been fun around here so I haven't had too much time for my toy. My poor wife has been through hell and I'm hoping a new therapy will finally help her out.

Geoff... Are you putting seats in or taking them out? I thought you were doing the rear seat delete. I saw THIS ITEM on ebay and thought of you. Looks like something I'd like to try. I don't think the Maryland Inspection ***** would like this though.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It turned back into winter around here this weekend and never got out of the 60's
Drove both cars all weekend. Its amazing how much better they seem to run when its cold out. I got the brushed aluminum ignition bezel from the 993 forum group buy and put it on. Sure makes it easier to find the key hole
Old 03-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
It turned back into winter around here this weekend and never got out of the 60's
That's real funny.
I got a Vosstek gas pedal from our very own Geoffrey to help me learn rev matching with my size 15s. I put it in as is but I think I'll have to add a spacer to bring it out some more. Mid Ohio is in about 3 weeks!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:11 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 202 Posts

I was in Austin last week for SXSW, meanwhile the car was at Advanced Automotive to get its ride height to Euro RS spec along with the proper alignment and corner balancing. My first DE event is next weekend, and speaking of winter Lime Rock got 15 inches of snow couple of days ago so it will be interesting to say the least...
Old 03-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
Okay so no sympathy from me - it is 5 degrees F here.

Put in a closet organizer this weekend - no P-car projects yet as the garage/workshop is still full of boxes (waiting on carpet to be delivered to get the basement finished and move them out).

Marc
Old 03-19-2007, 08:20 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Rick, sorry to hear of your wifes struggle- whatever it is I'm sure it's not fun. As for the seats, I've got the luggage dump, but I'm trying to put seats, or at least belts in, for the car seat. I've got the seats, it's just fitting them that the problem. They are from the 993 Cab.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:35 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 6 year old daughter and I took a road trip in the 964 yesterday from Austin to College Station to watch the PCA racing at Texas World Speedway. Within a few minutes of being there we were on the track for parade laps. My first time on any track in the 964. I got to the pit lane entrance little late and the parade group was gone but the guy waved me on so off we went. We had the 2.9 mile course to ourselves for 4 laps. We both had a blast. It was hard to top that for the rest of the afternoon but we had a great time watching the enduro and wandering through the paddock talking to people. Those GT3's are friggin fast! I'm doing my first ever DE in April at Motorsport Ranch near Fort Worth. Yesterday's little taste of driving on a track has me even more excited about that.

Steve
Attached Images       
Old 03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Jeremy Pinsly
Pro

Had the top down the end of last week. Had to put it up this weekend cause it didn't make it above 70F....LOL...

Getting ready for our Spring Concours...car is looking shiny and good.

Just setting down from having volunteered at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. For those that have never been, it's a good excuse to come to Florida...some absolutely amazing cars were there...

Should be in the 70's this week....Marc--I need help with closet organizers

Quick Reply: Monday Morning